Chapter 54 - My Shitty Luck!

Guess who is finally doing something besides the pity cases that the trash heroes like Death Arms can't solve?

It's me! I can finally use my vast knowledge! Like, the cases Nezu kept throwing at me takes less brain knowledge than walking. I stand beside Mirio, in my Nezu cosplay that I tried to get out of but Nezu forced me back in it, in front of Sir Nighteye's agency.

"Oh, Izuku! If you want to make a good impression, make Sir laugh." Mirio informs me before we enter. I stop and look at him. Sir Nighteye, one of the most serious heroes I know, likes to laugh? I thought you would have to force that upon him.

"Uh, I can't make Shouta laugh. Unless Sir secretly has my sense of humor, I don't think I can make him laugh." For once, I am realistic. Be proud.

"As long as you don't do your usual gig, you should be good!"

"My usual gig?"

"Causing trouble."

"What is considered trouble?"

"Anything that makes Aizawa-sensei angry."

"...he gets angry with anything that comes out of my mouth. Actually, any action makes him angry somehow."

"Not true! He likes it when you are working on cases or when you are with the other teachers! More specifically, the more responsible teachers."

"How encouraging! Let's go before I lose my sanity."

"Got it, Problem Child!" I think Shouta paid Mirio to call me that. However, if Shouta didn't, then Mirio is naive. He is smart but innocent, so it makes sense.

Mirio leads me through the complicated building until he opens the door to reveal a particular site: a blue girl, Bubble Girl, chained to a board while Sir Nighteye is looking at her. It doesn't help that he towers over her.

I feel obligated to interrupt, "Hey, do you need us to give you two some privacy?" Where did you expect me to take it?

Sir Nighteye unclips her from the board. He doesn't even bother to look at me when he speaks, "I don't even have to look to know that it is you, Midoriya."

"Oh, so I have a reputation without trying? Yippee! Wait, good or bad? With my goals, I kind of have to stick on the positive side of the scale."

Sir Nighteye finally faces me and suddenly approaches. You know he is going fast when my brain is already planning an attack. I skim him over for any details. He towers over me and wears a typical white business suit that probably has weapons hidden in it. His green and yellow hair is nicely slicked back. He wears glass though I don't know if it's for his quirk or if he has shitty eyesight.

Wait, quirk. How is Sir's quirk (foresight) activated? Nobody knows that but him and maybe some people in his agency. My theory always was that his quirk requires him to look at his victim because he has the same look in his eye as Shouta, but now I'm not so sure. Maybe it's multiple things? It wouldn't surprise me because, if I am correct, his quirk only works once a day on one person for one hour. That's not something you want to be accidentally using. I think it is useless to use it now, but I'm not going to underestimate the man's intelligence. He has to know something.

I step back, smirk, and state, "You're trying to use your quirk on me, aren't you?" Sir's expression doesn't change, but he does stop.

"What gave me away?" I was right?! I was laying out a pretty thick presumption there!

"I don't know the prerequisites of your quirk besides that is has something to do with your eyes. It wouldn't surprise me if it required multiple objectives. With how you were approaching me, you have to be a specific distance or have physical contact. This is all based on theory, so correct me if I am wrong. The only reason I was able to come up with that was that I thought the man before me was going to attack, so I just looked over you, and that idea popped up." When I talked about him attacking me, I made sure to use sarcasm because god damn it! I wasn't planning on being attacked on the first day!