one

☾☾☾☾

☾☾☾☾

Chapter one✓

The wind whipped past the brunette, knees begging to give out from under her as hot tears were streaming down her face continuously. The footsteps were becoming closer and further spread. She could hear them getting closer and coming faster towards her, gaining continuous speed. The girl clutched her stomach and her hesitant eyes peered down to see her gaping gashes along her torso weren't healing and still gushing red blood that made her nauseous at the sight.

Running through the expansive forest, all the trees became thicker and taller as she bolted past them. The cold fresh air pushed against her face as she ran toward the cold wind, her body becoming more and more drained of energy trying to escape her close death that was about to catch up with her. Making a sharp left turn, heading toward an opening in the far distance that her dark brown eyes saw immediately, her feet almost slipped on the dewy wet leaves beneath her where she tried to shake off her enemies.

Looking back over her shoulder, she could see the two figures in the distance that made her heart rate speed up and lurch in her chest, but it only made her run faster. As she was doing so, the girl didn't even have enough time to react as she saw another person running straight at her, not changing their course.

The two teens collided into one another, yelling curses under their breath as they fell onto the cold hard ground. Panting, the exhausted girl rolled onto her back and let out a cry of pain feeling the shards of glass that were embedded into her skin being pushed further into her legs and arms.

The other person who was part of the painful collison immediately stood up, as if the impact did no damage to him. "Are you alright?" His voice was soft and worried as he squinted in the darkness, straining to see the figure that was breathing heavily on the ground.

The girl on the forest ground, feeling pain in every inch of her body, didn't have enough time to process the boy's question or even that he was trying to speak to her before what had been chasing her had started to catch up.

Sitting up quickly, hearing her ear drums being flooded with the sound of her own heartbeat that was beating frantically. She started to get up to a wobbly standing position in front of the boy, who was still waiting for an answer to his recent question, and got up unsteadily to her feet, starting to feel the adrenaline take over once again and start to run, ignoring the boy.

About to leave the guy in her dust, a set of hands grabbed her shaking ones, preventing her from going any further. Turning around with impatience and fear a blur in the girl's thoughts, the teenage boy was staring straight back into her saddened eyes.

Steadily, the person's eyes trailed up and down her body, examining the amount of destruction that was done to her, eyes growing wider with each glance. He was about to open his mouth, attempting to speak, but the girl's hand flew to his mouth before he could get even a muffled word out.