: twenty two :

Harrison heard a muffled thud ramble through the walls prompting him to remove his arm from his face to lift his head and look around his room, finding it empty. He brought the heels of his palms up to his face to push and rub his eyes quite roughly to get rid of the sleep that still clung onto his lids, unwillingly making them droop with a heaviness that he was determined to fight now that it was only him in the massive bed. He let out a huff of air as he got up, pushing himself straight with his arms and leaning a bit forward to stand up. His back burned when his muscles strained and his skin stretched as he moved, he could feel each individual scratch her nails had left behind and the man smirked to himself, her moans still rang in his ears and in all honesty he never wanted them to go away.

His hand attempted to run through his curls but his fingers got stuck in the knots of his rapidly growing hair. With lazy steps he entered the en-suite, still trying to undo the knots in his hair with his digits. He slowed down when he passed by the mirror, taking a quick look at his back and cursing under his breath. His teeth strongly clasped his bottom lip, rolling until it was free again as he jumped in the shower to start the day with nothing but y/n in his thoughts.

The girl's bra still on the floor of his shower made him chuckle airily, his mind immediately transporting him to the night before. The way his chest seemed to flutter at first was something he was done fighting now, but he had to do something about the untimely blood rush he got now that they had crossed the invisible line they both —mostly y/n— had drawn so his hand reached for the shower tap to cool up the scalding hot water he was using to wash. When he was out getting dry he stepped on y/n's bottoms, groaning at the trails she had left behind in his room.

It took him quite some time to be ready and out of his room, a little over twenty minutes more than his usual time to be down and in his office but he just had to stop by y/n's room. The girl sat down by the window doing her makeup when he poked his head inside her bedroom, waiting for her to allow him in. "Need you to look over some contracts before I sign them." He informed her as he sat down next to her almost knocking her makeup bag off of the window seat. "Shit!" He cursed as his hands barely made it to salvage the expensive-looking bag.

"God, why are men like that?" She grumbled, putting her mirror down and taking the bag away from him, placing it safely on the windowsill in front of her.

"Like what?" He responded, slightly offended. His brows softly knitted as he waited for the gorgeous girl to answer. A frustrated sigh left her lips and her eyes rolled before she lifted the mirror again and kept swiping a mauve coloured eye-shadow over her lids.

"Not careful." She mumbled, focusing on finishing her makeup. Harrison heard her reply but decided it was best not to respond, he much rather watch her every move. He was in awe of the girl, how delicate her hand was as she continued to swipe and pat her face with her makeup. "Don't you have work to do?" She asked when his stare was beginning to make her feel a little flustered.

"Yeah, I do. But watching you is far more interesting." He shot back smoothly, reaching for the brush that laid on the girl's lap and starting to run the soft bristles over the back of his hand, enjoying the delicate fibres caressing his scarred knuckles, almost as delicate as her fingertips.

"That's creepy." She pointed out, finally putting the mirror down and sparing a glance his way. She looked even more beautiful and he smiled at her, not paying much mind to what she had said. He was so smitten with her he didn't care about his tough front anymore, at least he wasn't going to keep pretending in front of her. The change in him was too drastic, Harrison knew. Not even with Tom was he that soft, even though the brunette knew him since they were teenagers. But there was something in her that made him not want to be the man he's been for so many years now, he was surprised he hadn't forgotten how to be gentle and soft but just with looking at her he felt at ease, he felt safe to be himself and not what his father had trained him to be. The blonde followed her to her en-suite, where she stopped abruptly and turned around, giving him an inquisitive glare. "What are you doing?" Y/n narrowed her eyes at him.