Chapter 40: Gold digger life.

Will finally reach the basement and I go to grab the door handle but then I turn and look at the two who are about to join us. "I believe I should tell you to prepare yourself. That would only be the gentlemanly thing for me to do is to warn you and we all know I'm a gentleman. Well here is your warning." I say to the Healer and her brother.

They take a deep breath and nod to say they are ready in which I push the door open and walkthrough. To me this site is quite exciting. Blood trailing on the floor in glorious puddles. The women whimpering because they have no more energy to cry. Honestly if I wasn't here for important information I would probably stay a while and get my hands dirty.

"Hello ladies good evening." I say with an upbeat tone. They all visibly shake with fear. "Oh don't worry ladies I'm actually here to offer truce of sorts. You see we have a threat coming for us more like for Athena. Well you all know that I can't allow that to happen now can I? You all have witnessed first hand how protective I am over my wife. So I've decided to offer you a get out of jail free card if you will." I explain. "I hear that Catherine knows a lot about this ghost of a man who is coming. Therefore my offer is you tell me the information I need to know and answer all the questions truthfully then I will let you and the two ladies here with you go back to your gold-digging lifestyles." I explained.

They look at each other with a do not trust him kind of look. "I can see that you're apprehensive. I actually don't blame you on that....that's smart. You're probably wondering how in the world can I go back to my old lifestyle looking like this. We'll see I'll tell you my friends here they are siblings and they are also doctors not just any doctors like world-renowned doctors. Matter of fact they are Athena's doctors. You know the ones who saved her life when you tried to poison her. They have agreed to fix you back all to normal as long as you cooperate. Isn't that wonderful?" I stay with a smile.

"Soon you'll be able to get out of here and go back to sleeping your way to the top of the social ladder. Now this offer ends in 10 minutes and hell I'll be kind and let the maid go with you." I say. "Sir, this one is dead." Solish says with her hand on the maids neck.

"So we will be outside and in 10 minutes we will come back in and you let us know after you've discussed everything okay." I staying in a  chipper tone as I motion for my group to leave the room. Make sure to have one of the guards come if you are ready for us before the 10 minutes are up. I explained as I go to shut the door.

"Wait! Wait! We will help you." Katherine screams. "Excellent." I smile. "Let's get started." I say. "No, first you fix us and then I tell you." Katherine tries to negotiate. I can't help but to laugh. "I see you don't trust me. That's smart but I don't trust you either so how about we come to a negotiation. You will tell us everything on him as the doctors fix you. When you stop giving information then they stop healing you. Do you understand?" I asked them. She shakes her head yes. "Great now let's get started. Who is this ghost and what does he want with my wife?" I asked.

To my surprise Katherine turns and looks at me saying the last thing I would ever think she would say.

"The person you really should be questioning is the Athena. I mean after all she was in love with him all growing up." She says smiling. "You see he is Nikolai Vakovinof her childhood bestfriend and class mate. The true love of her life." She replied. I'm stunned. "What the fuck?" I say.