Chapter 8: Darth Vader

The door flew open and you woke up with a start. You saw a dark-robed figure in the doorway, and instantly wanted to run. Your hands were still bound behind your back, and there was no way you could escape. You closed your eyes, wondering if this was going to be the last moment of your life.

"(y/n)?"

Was that?

Your eyes flung open and you saw him standing right in front of you.

"Anakin?!"

You stood up and flung yourself into his arms. You tried to break free of the handcuffs so you could give him a proper hug, but they just ended up leaving burn marks on your wrists.

"owww"

"Here, let me help with that."

He spun you around and you heard his lightsaber ignite and he cut off your handcuffs.

You turned around and threw your arms around his neck as he lifted you up and twirled you around. You felt tears slipping down your cheeks and you buried your face into his neck.

"I have missed you (y/n)."

"Oh Anakin, you have no idea how much I have missed you. Now, let's get out of here before they find out you freed me."

He put you down and looked into your eyes with a confused expression. He held you there for several moments before turning his attention to your head wound.

"Who did this to you?" He said with aggression in his voice.

"One of the troopers that took me. But Anakin we really need to g-"

"He will pay for what he has done." Anakin immediately turned and left the prison cell and you followed right behind him. He approached the group of troopers and commanded, "which one of you hit her on the head?"

One of the troopers stepped out of the group "It was me sir! The brat wouldn't shut up."

Anakin ignited his lightsaber and you could feel the blood draining from your face. Your stomach felt like it was dropping into an endless abyss.

His lightsaber was red.

Only sith carried red lightsabers.

He was Darth Vader.

In one swift movement, he cut down the trooper. When he turned around to look at you, his eyes were yellow and full of hatred. You fell to your knees and didn't know what to do or say. You weren't exactly happy with what the Jedi did to you, but you never considered joining the dark side.

He walked over to you and helped you up. You couldn't even look at him. You felt betrayed, and afraid. He led you down several hallways before breaking the silence between you.

"I'm sorry they hurt you and put you in a prison cell. They weren't supposed to do that."

You opened your mouth to speak, but nothing came out.

Silence fell between you two once more. The ship seemed to go on forever, until you stopped at a large door. Anakin used the force to open the door, and he beckoned for you to go inside.

The room was shadowy and rather large. It was fully furnished with a bed, and several different seating options. Anakin grabbed your hands and brought you over to a couch where you both sat down. He used his hand to brush the hair out of your face and wipe the tear that fell from your eye.

"Say something... Please" He said softly.

You looked up into his eyes and they were blue again.

"I.. I have so many questions." You whispered. "I want you to tell me everything that happened."

He sighed and nodded.

"When I found out what happened to you, I lost it. I couldn't bear to live my life without you. Darth Sidious-, I mean, Chancellor Palpatine, said he could help me. He taught me the ways of the dark side."

"Wait.. Palpatine is a sith lord??" You asked.

Anakin nodded and continued, "I tried to get Master Windu to tell me where he took you, but he wouldn't. I killed him in a fit of rage, and I-" he paused with a pained expression on his face, "and I went to the Jedi temple, and killed all the Jedi that were there."

You gasped.

"I only did it so I could find you. Sidious wouldn't help me if I didn't do as he asked. Once I did his bidding, he launched several trooper search groups across the galaxy to look for you. Without him, I never would have gotten you back so quickly. I am so sorry (y/n), but I had no other choice." He said with tears in his eyes.

You took a moment to think. If you were in the same position, would you have done the same? He was desperate to find you, and he seemed remorseful.

"Anakin. I am going to need some time to process this information. It's just, a lot for me right now."

"I understand, (y/n). Take all the time you need." He rose from the couch and made his way over to the dresser. "It's getting late, and you must be tired. Here, take this."

He handed you one of his tshirts then proceeded to undress right in front of you. You did the same and slipped under the covers. His bed was so comfortable compared to the hard ground that you have been sleeping on for the last month.

You felt him slip into bed next to you and wrap his strong arms around you. He pulled you in and kissed you on the forehead.

"Goodnight (y/n). I love you."

"I love you too."