Chapter 6

Eli's pov

I was in my middle of getting ready for work when I got a call from my mom.

"Hey Mom."

"Hey honey. Are you unpacked yet?"

"Yeah. I finished a few days after I hot here." This is only the second time she has called me since I moved here, a month ago. The first time was the day I arrived here.

"That's great. Have you found a job yet?"

"Yeah a flower shop a few blocks away."

"How long have you worked there?"

"Three weeks."

"That's nice. I'm glad you're settling in."

"Thanks Mom but I have to go to work."

"Alright honey. Bye."

"Bye." I hang up the phone and grab my keys. I'm locking my door when the door behind me opens.

I sigh and turn around seeing Grace. She's a pretty girl but she's really nosy and kinda creepy.

"Oh! Elliot! What a coincidence. Are you heading to work."

"Yeah. Bye Grace."

"Bye Elliot." I start to feel guilty as I walk down the stairs but she's the one whose always creepy. It seems like everytime I'm leaving she is too.

When I get to work I put my stuff in the back room and prepare the shop to be opened. Once I'm done I have a few minutes to spare so I knock on Noah office door.

"Come in." I open the door and Noah smiles at me. "Hi!"

"Hi. I finished with prep." I say sitting in the chair across from his desk.

"Thanks. I was thinking of ordering pizza or something."

"Okay pizza sounds good. Where are you thinking of ordering from?"

"Topping to Dough. Have you ever their pizza?"

"No, is it good?"

"If you like soft greasy pizza."

"Hm. I'll give it a try." We make small talk for a few minutes before it hits eight o'clock and I open the shop. The morning passes quickly, with not many customers and before I know it it's lunchtime.

Noah comes out of his office for the first time today at about eleven thirty. I wonder if he's mad at me usually he comes out and talks to me through out the day.

"I just ordered the pizza so it should be here in about forty-five minutes."

"Okay." Noah turns and begins to leave the front part of the shop. "Wait-" He turns to me and I'm suddenly at a loss for words. Its takes me a few moments to collect myself. "Are you mad at me?"

"No. Why would you think that?" I open my mouth to say something but nothing comes out.

"Uh, never mind." I sit back down on the stool. I didn't even realise I stood up. Noah walks over to me and leans against the counter.

"Why would you think I was mad at you?" He asks softly looking worried.

"I just-" I look down at my lap and fidgit with the hem of my shirt. "I feel like you've been avoiding me." God I shouldn't have even said anything. He probably thinks I'm super weird now.

"Oh," Noah says after a few quiet moments. "I guess I have been avoiding you a bit." I glance at Noah and see him looking away.

"Why?" Noah's personal phone rings and he quickly picks it up and walks to the back room.