~CHAPTER 4: SHOPPING~

(edited: 15

(edited: 15.08.22)

JASPER didn't show up at school ever since the incident with Jones, and that made me sleep even less than normally. I asked Alice about him, but she only said that he'll be back soon, which didn't make me worry any less. I could of course ask her for his number or something, but I didn't want to seem clingy or intrusive.

We weren't even friends right? I mean apart from a couple of conversations and the Jones thing, we didn't even know each other.

So I stayed quiet and pretended that I didn't care, even when the fact that Jasper got into this whole situation and lost control was my fault.

It was around eight in the morning, as Alice and Rose came to pick me up to go shopping. I was wearing a green t-shirt, jeans and on top of that I wore my brown pilot's jacket. My hair as always was covered by my well worn brown fiddler hat, while my face was free of any make up, showing everyone my unnaturally pale skin and bruise like shadows under my eyes.

All of this turned out to be a slight mistake, as both girls looked drop dead gorgeous. Completely leaving me out, looking like a little exhausted paper boy who stumbled after them.

Fucking great...

"You really need new clothes, Thea, and some makeup" Alice stated as I entered the car, sitting in the backseat.

"Hello, to you too Alice." I mumbled to her, feeling like shit since I only slept for two hours today. I looked at Rosalie who was in the passenger's seat and said "Hi Rosalie."

"Hi." she answered me with a soft smile.

Alice smiled at us as she started the car "Today is going to be so fun!"

"Yeah.." I whispered while looking out the window. The green of the forest greeted me, making me smile softly, as my love for the forest didn't change in the past three years "Hey, can I... can I open my window a bit?"

"Won't you get sick?" Rosalie asked, sounding a bit like a mom.

I huffed out a small laugh and shook my head "Rosalie, it's not like I'll die from an open window. I'll be fine."

Rosalie nodded, before pointing at me "Don't keep it open for too long, Alice likes to drive like crazy."

"Hey!" Alice shined, glaring at her sister.

I just chuckled and opened the window, responding "Sure thing."

The trip to Port Angeles was nice and quiet as the radio was filling in the silence. I actually fell asleep for a moment, waking up as Alice gently shook me awake making me jump.

"Hey, calm down. We just got to Port Angeles." Alice whispered in a soft and calming tone.

I shook away the sleepiness "Okay. Sorry for falling asleep, I didn't sleep so well today."