Chapter 27

Emilia Ellis

Chase played with Buttercup for quite a long time. We sat closely as we played with our cute little ball of sunshine. It was evening now,Daniel said he have to call his manager and will be upstairs.

Buttercup was snuggle in my arm and was sleeping.

"About our date, is Friday evening sounds good to you?" Chase asked nervously. So far that I have known him. He was always a confident man and seeing him this nervous makes my heart warm a little.

"Yes." I said with a small smile. "What's the plan?"

"What time will you be getting off that day?"

"I hope at 5 pm or 6?"

"I will come around 7:30 pm. Is that fine with you?"

"Should be." I said. "Where should you go?"

"It will be a surprise." He grinned. "Would you prefer a formal settings or like an informal one?"

"An informal one would be very much appreciated." I said.

"I will try." He said.

"What do you look for in a person when you are dating?" I asked, out of curiosity. "If you don't mind me asking."

"Of course not." He shrugged. "I really don't know what I really look for in a person. I feel everyone is beautiful in their own little way and only the right person will appreciate everything about you, from your beauty to your flaws and will still love you."

"That sounds so unreal." I pointed out.

"Why do you think that?" He asked.

"Honestly, I have never fell in love before.. But seeing our parents do give me hope of true love, but now these days I find the true meaning of love is lost in between lust and confusions."

"What's with the confusions?"

"Confusion of being in the relationship. Sometime, some relationship just doesn't work, but people still hold on to the relationship for whatever reasons it may be, even though it hurt them, drains them emotionally and physically. They hold on to that person and lost the opportunity of finding true love.

Some people are confused between infatuation and love, they don't know if they are really in love or it's just a mere crush. They fantasize or think of someone in a way that they are not and when they realize that, it's too late. I know, it does not make sense."

"Why do you have such a negative look in love?" He asked. "Why not just allow people to love you?"

"I don't want to be a disappointment." I said.

"You won't be. Whoever you will allow to love you will be very lucky." He said with a soft expression.

"I would be lucky if I find someone to love me." I laughed.

"What about you? What do you look for in a person?"

"I never thought about it." I said.

"Would you date someone like me?" He asked.

"At the beginning,I wouldn't. Now, that I know you, personally..I would actually consider that, you are a nice and warm person.. whoever you will date will be lucky." I smile.

"I think I will be the lucky one instead to have someone like me." He returned that smile.

I looked at buttercup, and tried avoiding his eyes. Whoever he will be with in the future, I hope she will cherish and be patient with him. He's a very considerate and a gentleman. I hope she will shower him with love because behind all the smiles and all the hope he give to someone. There's a small boy hiding and avoiding all the mean words from people who doesn't even know him.

"I think I should get going." He said looking at his watch. It was going to be seven soon.

"Why don't you have dinner here?" I asked, not really wanting him to leave.

"I'm meeting Cody tonight. It's his day off today."

"Oh." I said.

"We are just going to have dinner." He said, not really sure why he was explaining it to me, but I was kind of relieved that they won't be going to the club.. I don't like this feeling, am I jealous? Is this what jealousy is all about? He's not even mine and I don't think one should act like this even though if they are in a relationship. They should allow their partner to hang out with others, I know it's so easy to say it, but so difficult to follow due to insecurities.

Insecurities, it can swallow you whole. No matter how beautiful or successful you are, it's always there in you. No matter how beautiful or how much love you are given by your love one, you feel like you don't deserve it or they deserve someone better than you. Loving your insecurities is one of the win in life. Loving yourself makes you feel comfortable about yourself and allow you to understand how you should be treated by people.

"I'll see you." I give him a small smile.

"Yes." He said.

"I can't stand because... buttercup." I looked at buttercup who was sleeping on my lap.

"Don't worry." He said and leaned over and give me a hug. "I'm warning you, I giving you a quick peck if you don't mind."

When I didn't say anything, he give me a quick peck on my cheek and his lip stayed in my cheek for a bit before pulling away.

"Have a good night and take care." He said and I give him a shy smile. I don't know why I'm being like this anyway.

"You too." I said.

After dinner, I was in my room. Buttercup just had her dinner as well and was running around my room.

"Come here." I said in a soft tone and squeal in delight when she came running in her cute little paw. I snuggled closed to her and hugged her.

She barked a little and I smiled as I looked at her as she snuggle closed to me wagging her cute tails.

"Do you like your new home?" I asked her and she stared back at me, still wagging her tail. "I hope you will like this place."

She barked softly and I hugged her close to me.