Two

His room was completely blocked off from view other than a window mirror covering on of the walls. It was more than bullet proof glass, as strong as it came, just in case.

There was a switch you could flick that would change it from a mirror to a window on the inside and they covered the outside by a curtain to give him a little privacy.

I walked in and Dr. Shawl was sitting on a chair, his head in his hands.

"Dr. Shawl." I acknowledged him and he lifted his head to me, giving me a small smile.

"Hey Opal." He said quietly.

"Having problems with 32?" 

He sighed nodding. 

"He refuses to say a word, I'm not even sure he knows how to speak. He just stares at the wall, won't even look at me. Its going to be a lot of work." He answers in his usual gentle tone. 

I smiled reassuringly, "If anyone can help him its you. Is there anything you need before I head home for the night?" 

He waved his hand dismissively.

"No, no, go on home, you're already here too late as it is. I'm right behind you." 

I nodded before heading out. 

Thank God its Friday. 

I got home and did my usual routine. PB&J, I watched a little Brooklyn 99 before heading to bed where I would finally get a full 8 hours.

I woke up happily at 10:00 before heading out for my usual jog, running a little farther so I could eat properly tonight.

I got home where I found Jake passed out in our bed, still in his uniform. 

I tucked him in properly before taking a shower. 

When I got out I made some pancakes, Jake's favorite, leaving them out for him before heading to the dog adoption event I was volunteering at. 

I loved animals and they've always seemed to like me too so I volunteer on my weekends. Jake doesn't like animals so this way I can get my fill of puppy love for the week. 

I smiled as I walked in at the familiar old face or Bee, the leader of the adoption events. 

"Hi, Bee" I greeted.

"Hi there sweetheart!" 

"Lots of dogs today!" I said happily leaning down to pet the little puppies outside, wearing their handsome little bandanas to get adopted. 

They all ran up to me, licking at my hands , jumping around my feet as I giggled happily. 

We managed to get them all adopted by the end of the day, when I headed back home to get ready for my dinner date tonight. 

I entered the house with a smile still on my face. 

"I'm home!" I yelled, putting down my purse and hanging my keys. 

No one answered so I looked around a little. 

I checked my phone to see a text from Jack. 

Went out with the boys. Meet you at the restaurant at 6:00. Make sure to dress nice

I sighed, not really that surprised. I cleaned up the dishes he left out and picked up his clothes off the floor, taking a mental note that I needed to do laundry before getting ready. 

I don't know why he always insisted on telling me to dress nice, its not like I dress like a hobo every day which by the way I'm very tempted to.