Chapter 37

Hey everyone! Yes, yes, I'm still on a roll! Can't promise it's going to last though! 

*Also Note!* With the whole shirtless Rex thing, I either explained in chapter 35 and 36 why she didn't notice the scar when she followed him to the street fight in case anyone was wondering!

Sorry for any grammar and editing mistakes!

Please comment, vote, and follow!

Enjoy!

-&-

Chapter 37

       "I-I have to go to the bathroom." I stammered quickly and jumped to my feet as the crowd continued to cheer.

       "What? You can't hold it?" Denton shouted over the noise. "The match is almost over!"

       I didn't hear him though. It was like my vision had completely tunnel focused on the door I saw that blond head disappear through. "I'll take you, Rose. Hold on." Trey sounded from beside me, but I had darted up through the crowd before he had a chance to stand.

       "Rosalyn wait!" I heard him shout, but I was basically swallowed by the crowd before he could stop me.

       A part of me felt bad for bailing, especially after that whole 'do not leave her' fiasco from this morning. But if it was Jax, I wasn't so sure it was a good idea for them to meet. The back of the building was empty, since everyone standing and sitting were all surrounding the ring.

       I practically raced around the perimeter of the large room until I came face to face with the door I had seen him disappear through. I didn't knock or anything, completely oblivious to the fact that it might have been a locker room.

       I burst through the door only to stumble into a dimly lit hallway. There was an open room at the end of the hall with light and the faint sound of laughter floating through it. I tried not to run as I hurried down the hall, but I was too nervous he would leave the building all together and I wouldn't find him.

       I came to a halt in front of the room, the door wide open to reveal, yup, a guy's locker room. There were five of them, all half naked or covered up by a towel. Heat flamed my cheeks when every pair of eyes turned at the sound of my steps. They were mostly all older guys too. At least three of them in their upper twenties or early thirties. The other two looked more around Rex's age.

       No one said anything for one long, drawn out moment. My face was on fire and they looked just as surprised to see me as I was to see them. "Uh, um. Uh, I'm so sorry-" I stammered like a buffoon and held my hands up in some form of surrender, though I had absolutely no idea what I was surrendering to.

       "Rose?" And like a knight in half-naked armor that voice that pulled me out of so many nightmares spoke up from the back of the room.

       I hadn't seen him around the wall of lockers from where I was standing in the entrance. But then he walked to the front of the room, those electric blue eyes opened wide in surprise, and all that embarrassment flew from my mind.

       "Jax!" His name left my lips in a thrilled squeal and I practically launched myself at his shirtless body. He was wearing shorts though, not a towel, so we're all good.

       "Whoa, Rosie." His voice was light as he laughed in my ear, his arms coming up awkwardly as I wrapped mine tightly around his waist. "Not that I'm not happy to see you, because believe I am, but you really shouldn't be in a guy's locker room." He backed us slowly out as he talked, the guys behind him snickering under their breaths as he did. I didn't care.