97. doubts

-Avery-

It was sometime in the night when I awoke.

Our room was empty, Bellamy having gone to the mess hall after I had returned from medical. We hadn't talked about out argument earlier, and truth be told I didn't really want to. I knew what was wrong with Bellamy- he blamed himself. He had been close to tears when I had returned to our room, most likely beating himself up for something that wasn't his fault.

Something had woken me up, but seeing as Bellamy wasn't back yet, I had no idea what it was.

I sat up, pulling on my boots and a jacket just as a loud knock came at the door. That must have been what pulled me out of sleep.

"I'm coming!" I yelled, my voice thick from sleep as I pushed myself to my feet, trying to ignore the pain that shot through my body.

A small wince covered my face as I pulled the door open, my muscles screaming in agony. The pain expression quickly fell from my face at the sight of Harper in front of me, her eyes wide in worry. "You should come outside." she panted, looking over her shoulder down the hall.

I felt my heart drop, "What's going on?" I asked, already out of the room and beginning to follow her down the hall.

Harper began leading me outside, "It's Bellamy, he-"

That was all I needed to hear. I took off running, leaving Harper to try and catch up. A million thoughts raced through my head as I sprinted down the corridors. Was Bellamy okay? Was he alive? Or was he gone?

I could feel my heart breaking at all possible prospects. I couldn't lose him.

I was outside in a matter of minutes, the cool night air causing even more adrenaline to course through my veins.

There was a crowd gathered by the front gates, and I instantly made a beeline toward it. As I got closer, I could see there were two distinct groups formed- Abby, Kane, Octavia and Lincoln and on the other side, Pike, Farm Station, and...Bellamy?

I felt relief blood my body at the sight of my boyfriend in one piece. But that relief soon turned to confusion as I took in the scene-Farm Station, including Bellamy were all handcuffed. I pushed past a couple of people, desperate to get to the front of the crowd and figure out what was happening.

Octavia's worried eyes met mine upon my arrival, "What going on?" I snapped, my eyes flickering to Bellamy who directed his eyes toward the ground, avoiding my gaze.

It was evident I had missed out on something.

No one answered my question, instead, one of the Farm Station members spoke, addressing Pike, "Sir, you should be on the ballot tomorrow."

I felt like I was going to be sick, this man could not be our chancellor. My eyes shot over to Abby, willing for her to diffuse the situation. She met my eyes briefly before looking back toward the crowd.

"That's enough!" Abby snapped, her angry eyes glaring toward Pike before she spoke again, "Take them away." she instructed.

I stood helpless and watched as Bellamy and the others were pulled away, toward the prison ward no doubt. I had just been about to call out for my boyfriend's attention, to ask him what in the hell was going on. Last I had heard from him he was going to get a drink in the mess hall and now he was here.  I didn't get a chance to ask him however, as he spoke first, but it wasn't to me. It was a name in the form of a chant-Pike.