Chapter 5

This is a long one
xxx
C h a p t e r 5

This is a long one xxxC h a p t e r 5

(Third person POV)

The past few weeks have been relatively uneventful for Solomon.

He woke up at 4 am everyday to talk to his grandfather and his friends, so they would be able to speak to him at a reasonable hour.

He did a lot of reading, continued to practice his Japanese with a virtual tutoring app, did his hair, did extreme amounts of writing, reorganized his Spotify playlist thirteen times, and didn't leave his room unless it was necessary.

Which was easy to do, considering the bedroom included an entire bathroom the size of the bedroom itself.

Kyoya and him haven't spoken much since Solomon's first night being there, and Solomon was perfectly fine with that. The only times he would see the Ootori boy were during breakfast, dinner, and sometimes lunch. Kyoya would be there for lunch occasionally, but most of the time he would be (forced to hang out) with his friends. When they would speak, their conversations would be brief and about the matter of Solomon being the club's journalist.

Other than that, they just ignored each other.

Solomon also met, Fuyumi, Kyoya's sister when he was eating lunch one afternoon. She was extremely nice to him and they only person who didn't stare at his hair in disgust.

She just told him it was pretty and asked to play with it.

And naturally Solomon told her "no".

Quite harshly.

Solomon was... extremely rough around the edges when it came to people he didn't know.

One issue Solomon had was that he was extremely hungry, all the food they served him weren't the food he liked. He doesn't eat with much variety. His diet consisted of cheese pizza, coffee, fruit snacks, and other simple snacks.

He ate like a five year old with a caffeine addiction.

He started make Botan, the maid who attempted to steal from him, go on coffee and snack runs for him so he wouldn't starve, because he refused to eat what they served him. He even started forcing Botan to eat his meals so the staff wouldn't get too upset about him not eating the food they prepared. Botan, of course, had no choice but to oblige, due to the fact that him keeping his mouth shut was the only thing keeping her from getting fired. That was the only reason he made Botan do those things.

Even after two weeks, Solomon still couldn't understand why the staff constantly avoided making eye contact, and even looking at him. Even his gift of reading people and extreme whit couldn't help him figure it out.

He would occasionally ask Botan, but she would either change the subject or respond with "it's above my pay grade." in which Solomon would respond with "no wonder you were trying to steal from my allowance."