forty-one.

DEAD MAN!
CHAPTER FORTY-ONE.
the truth.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

EVERYONE THANKED THIER LUCKY STARS THAT THE BULLET HAD MISSED EVERYTHING IMPORTANT IN ADRIAN MARTIN'S LEG. After the Argents had rammed into the station and shot up the place- soon leading up to Matt's death, they needed some good news.

Lydia had been the one to pick her brother up after his short time in hospital getting his leg checked out, shaking her head at him in disbelief once both were in the car. "How on earth did you manage to get your leg shot?"

"Talent." The boy deadpanned as he pulled out his phone, seeing he had missed numerous text messages and phone calls from none other than his boyfriend. He sighed. "Have you heard anything from Toby by any chance?"

The strawberry blonde hummed shortly before shaking her head. "No. Last time I saw him was when he was in the kitchen with you at my party. Why? Did something happen?" she furrowed her done-up eyebrows confusedly.

"It doesn't matter." The redhead grumbled, stuffing his phone back into his pocket as he stared out of the window.

He closed his eyes, Matt entering his thoughts. Adrian couldn't believe how much he had touched death over these past few months. It was insane.

The thought of dying, it scared Adrian. He had so much in life he wanted to do, so much he wanted to enjoy . . . but now he felt like his life was never but a supernatural game of chess.

Matt had gotten what he deserved. Sure, it was awful the boy had died by the one thing he feared most- which was water- but he still deserved it. He had killed and shot innocent people who made a mistake in their teenage years ages ago. So . . . Adrian couldn't pretended that he held any sadness or remorse for him and his tragic death.

❚ ❚ ❚

It seemed as if everything was beginning to fall apart in Adrian Martin's life. The boy felt like every good thing he had gained these past few months were slipping away.

Allison hadn't even bothered to check up on the Martin boy, which did sting a little. He couldn't put the full blame on her however. Victoria Argent had passed the night of Lydia's party, and Gerard was the one filling her ear with supernatural nonsense.

Scott and Adrian saw each other a few times, not much. The werewolf had his own problems after Melissa had found out about his supernatural side that he had tried to keep from her for so long. Now, the McCall family didn't talk to one another anymore.