Chapter 38: Another warning

“You cannot protect yourself from sadness without protecting yourself from happiness.”

Chapter 38: Another warning

Jungkook was almost near the University. He can clearly see the students coming out of the University. Yet, the thing that caught his attention was he saw Taehyung with two-three men surrounding him.

He parked the car in front of the University, put his gun on his waist, and came out. He was looking at Taehyung.

"Taehyung!" Jungkook called his boyfriend when he saw that Taehyung had almost gone inside the black van.

Taehyung glanced at him with a kind of confusion written on his face.

"Fuck!"

One of the three men pushed Taehyung away and took out his gun. He started to shoot Jungkook but Jungkook hid behind his car, taking out his gun. The people surrounding the university ran away, screaming in fear.

When Jungkook came out behind his car, he saw them driving away. He started to shoot their tire and wheels. Luckily, the wheels got flat and the driver of the van lose their balance. The van crashed into the restaurant beside the University.

He glanced at Taehyung who was frozen on the ground while his eyes widened, witnessing what just happened.

"Are you okay?" Jungkook asked walking near the frozen Taehyung.

Taehyung nervously nodded his head while biting his bottom lip.

"Come on, we need to talk." Jungkook simply said holding Taehyung's right arm.

He dragged Taehyung along with him while Taehyung glanced at the van. Jungkook opened the door of his car and Taehyung got inside the car with Jungkook in the driver's seat.

"What do you think you're doing? Why are you going with them?!" Jungkook asked with a hint of sternness in his tone.

"Tuh-they told me that you ordered them to pick me up because you are busy." Taehyung retorted.

"I told you to text or call me when the class ended, I'm the one who will pick you up no one else. Why did you even believe in them?!" Jungkook grumbled.

"They showed me proof, I didn't want to come with them but I saw your text to their phone that's why I agreed. I also ask them some questions about you and they all answer them." Taehyung explained while fidgeting with his fingers.

"Don't trust anyone, Taehyung. You got amnesia, you should be more careful. What if I didn't go there before they got you in that van? They will hurt you!" Jungkook grumbled frustratedly.

"I-I'm sorry, I-I will be more careful from now on. That won't happen again." Taehyung mumbled looking down on his lap while biting his bottom lip to suppress his tears to fall.

Jungkook sighed in defeat, he parked his car on the side of the road and grabbed Taehyung's hand.

"I'm sorry, I was worried about you. I don't know what else they can do to you. I'm so scared that I will lose you. I don't want something to happen because of me. I don't want you to leave me." Jungkook uttered with tears falling in his eyes.

"You won't lose me, Jungkook. I won't leave you. I will stay on your side no matter what happened." Taehyung assured him and held his hand.

"Thank you, love." Jungkook smiled pecking the back of Taehyung's hand.

-----

Taehyung was already sleeping on the bed. Jungkook was watching him. For some reason, he felt so nervous about what happened earlier.

He was sure, that was another warning again.

Suddenly, his phone rang, he looked at his phone and saw an unknown number. He tightened his grip on the phone and answered it.

"Wow, you're so unbelievable, I can't believe you killed my men just like that."

"Governor Shin, you shouldn't target my boyfriend. I'm the one who you need not him!" Jungkook growled silently as he can.

"But where's the fun if you won't get my warning? It's better if you are shaking in fear first before I kill you."

"What you just did is enough for me to kill you. Don't you ever dare to lay your hands on him. I don't think you will like what I will do to you if you tried to touch him again." Jungkook grumbled.

"Really? I'm so scared right now, I'm shaking in fear. Wow, that sounds insane. Hahahhaha. How will you do that if you don't know where am I?"

"If I have to find you anywhere, I will do it. I don't care whether you are a governor or what, I will kill you no matter what happened." Jungkook gritted his teeth.

"You don't fear me, do you? Do you really think you can scare me with that bullshit of yours? That won't work for me. You don't even know what I can do to kill you and worst, I might kill your boyfriend."

Jungkook's hands were balled in a fist not liking how Governor Shin was laughing.

"Like what I said, don't you ever dare to do that. I can do anything to find you if you think I won't able to do that, I will give you a warning tomorrow. I'll show you how serious I am right now." Jungkook clenched his jaw.

"Seriously? Do you even want me to show you how genuine I am when I told you I want to get your life? I'm not joking around with you. Just because you killed a ton of people, that doesn't mean that will stop me from killing you, bullshit Jeon."

"And I'm not joking too, try harder, let's see who will in the end. For now, enjoy your position in Blue House because that might be your last time." Jungkook smirked.

"Okay then, I will wait for that. And also, for your warning tomorrow. If you failed to give me your warning, I'll give you one instead. Ah, no, this time, I will surely kill your boyfriend right in front of you."

Governor Shin chuckled when he ended the call. Jungkook tightened his grip around the phone while gritting his teeth.