Chapter 29 : Ten Over Ten

"Why are you all late?" I looked at the six guys in front of me and blocked their way inside Jungkook's room. I already told them yesterday to come to Jungkook's house at exactly the time I sent them. Yet here they are, thirty minutes late.

"I had to do something," Jimin smirks at me before abruptly entering my patient's room along with a shoulder to shoulder bump that he did on purpose.

The next second, they are all hurrying inside, ignoring me.

"Hey Jimin, what's on your neck?" I heard Jungkook asked. Curious as well, I looked at Jimin and red bruises are all over his skin.

What the hell?

So that's what he had to do?

"Jungkook, this is what we call hickeys in the modern world," Jimin explained with overflowing confidence.

The last time I saw his neck it has a brace and now it has hickeys.

"I know, just want to confirm my guess." Jungkook defends himself.

"Okay, okay. Now that you're all he-. Hey! Why did you bring beer in here? Therapy is different from a party. Give me that!" I wanted to snatch away the bottle from Taehyung's hand but I was too slow.

This giant man just stood up and raised the bottle up high. "Get it if you can." He bats his pretty eyelashes.

"I said give me that Taehyung," I said through gritted teeth.

"You sound like an old lady. Shut up and let's start." Yoongi remarks on the corner.

I rolled my eyes and sigh in defeat. I turned away from Taehyung. "I asked you all here as concerned friends of Jungkook here because we will be doing a sharing."

"Ew," Jimin says in disgust.

"Then beer sounds better while sharing." Hoseok hums.

I just ignored both of them and continued with my instruction. "We will all be sharing stories about our ex-girlfriends or any current love affairs with a woman. You'll tell their habits and what they usually do. Take note you need to tell their names if you have a photo go on and show them. Don't worr-"

"Let me guess. Since this is a very private sharing cult, every word we spilled will remain on these four walls?" Namjoon continues after cutting me off. They seriously need to learn how to respect someone while talking.

"Yes," I replied. Taehyung, on the other hand, started counting the walls and I mentally slapped my forehead. "Now who wants to go first?"

Everyone shifts their gaze away from me and I frowned. "Fine, I'll start."

"Wait, you had a girlfriend Deonne?" Yoongi questioned. He slightly laughs with it and it is truly vexing.

"Well, it can be a crush," Jungkook answered.

"Ah, ah, crushes don't count as love affairs," Hoseok said.

Of course, before I conducted with this therapy program, I already made my own believable story. It would be strange if I told them nothing. As the head of this very private sharing cult (just like what Namjoon said) I have to contribute something.

"I was nineteen at that time. I was one of the members of this club back then and she's the president."

"Unbelievable." Jimin snides. "If that club is the Math society or something, I concede." He raises his hands in the air.

"Anyways," I continued. "Her name is Maddie." I fished my phone inside my pocket and showed Jungkook the photo of some random girl that studies at Washington University as well.

"Six over ten," Hoseok said after looking at the picture.

I ignored all of their snarky comments about my 'girlfriend' and just focused on Jungkook. He is not looking at the screen but instead, his eyes were on me. I nodded at him with a smile to convince that it'll be alright.

He did great the other day. I told him to recite names, pronouns or any words related to a woman.

He slowly looked down at the screen and I can see that he is trying his best not to close his eyes and he did.

"Zero over ten." Jungkook suddenly judges with an unreadable expression and my smile fell. Everyone else in the room are surprised causing them to laugh.

"Yah!" I huffed. They're still making fun of the girl in the photo and I'm already annoyed. "Whatever. She is compassionate, trustworthy, and benevolent." I described.

"She sounds like a nun," Namjoon replies with furrowed eyebrows.

"She is lovely. A living proof that not all women are horrible." I smiled at Jungkook before turning off my phone.

"Why did you broke up?" Jungkook asked. Is that worry on his face?

"I had to let her go. It's for her best." I sad smile crept on my face. My statement reminded me of the action that I need to eventually do to Jungkook.

When I started feeling horrible while staring at Jungkook, I called the next one. "Okay next! Jimin."

"So earlier I was with Iris. She is extremely good... in everything." Jimin wiggles his eyebrows.

"Can you show me a picture of her?" Jungkook takes the initiative. At first, I can't even believe what I just heard. Jimin looks at Jungkook with an evil smirk stretched on his face. He then digs his phone inside his bag, after scrolling he shows his phone to Jungkook.

Jungkook blinked a couple of times before looking at the photo with all tranquility.

"Ten over ten." He compliments Jimin's girl.

Tch. He's really getting better at this.
"She has a good sense of intuition. We were watching a movie earlier when I held her hand and looked at her. She made the first move and we kissed, she was an expert when it comes to tongue techniques-"

"Okay done!" I cut him off. "Next, uhm, Jin."

Most of them shared stories of their exes, ex-flings, and ex-girlfriends. Apparently, only Jin has a girlfriend and the rest are single and are living the life of privileged playboys.

This session is undoubtedly a failure especially when it turned into a drinking party.

Hissing under my breath, I just wrote down Jungkook's progress on my small notebook.

Therapy Log: Day Three

He is astonishingly great today. I don't know why I'm even pissed at this good news.

Although he still shows signs of fear like rapidly blinking his eyes before looking at a woman's photo and randomly flinching whenever someone mentions a woman's name or any other related stuff.

The therapy did not end well today because of the help of some scumbags but at least we got good results.

"Deonne, what are you writing on your diary?" Yoongi teases and I just closed my log notebook before standing up.

"I'll get going now." I deadpanned. I marched my way out of Jungkook's room when I heard a bunch of footsteps following me outside.

"Hey, Deonne!" Upon hearing Jungkook's voice, my body involuntarily shifts to look at him. "So how was today?" He asks, expecting something good with his cute bunny teeth shining in front of me.

"No progress. Let's see tomorrow if you'll do good." I lied. I'm really pissed at him right now, I don't even know I'm capable of feeling this weird emotion towards him.

"Okay." His face dropped. "Is something wrong? You looked bothered." He asks and I fervently shook my head.

"I'll just head home. Good night." I nodded and like the usual, made my way home carefully.

What is this irritating feeling inside my heart?