TWENTY-ONE

21 | DECISIONS

21 | DECISIONS

   WINTER decided that Harry Hook would do much better in the first-hour Geography class than Chivalry. She partly blamed herself for his lousy grade in Chivalry as she was the one to place him in that class in the first place.

"Hello," she gave an award-winning smile to the student-request desk lady, "so I made a mistake when I was writing out Harry Hook's schedule," she motioned behind her to where Harry Hook was lurking with wide blue eyes a few feet away,

"I had put him in first-hour Chivalry but he is actually supposed to be in first-hour Geography. It was a complete mistake on my part and he was just too polite to say anything until today..." it was a total lie, but Winter knew that the only way to get Harry's schedule changed was to say she made a mistake.

Normally Winter would not even think about lying to an administrative, but this was different. She was not sure what it was about Harry—maybe he simply brought out the rebel in her—but she was willing to lie with a quickness for the pirate. Winter shivered at the fact, the thought that someone had that much power over her scared her.

She bit her lip, moving her gaze to the side of her, catching Harry's gape. She gulped, whipping back around and smiling in an almost nervous manner at the desk lady.

Winter's eyes scanned across the woman's nametag.

Denise.

Denise was an older woman with greying hair that was pinned up in thick curls. Large glasses framed her face, and her fingers moved swiftly along the keyboard.

"Oh, yes, I can make that change for you, what did you say his name was again?" Denise tilted her head.

"Harry Hook," Winter watched as Denise's eyes widened exponentially, the administrator throwing a timid glance toward the pirate in question.

Swallowing, Denise mutely typed away on her computer, making the change to the schedule as quickly as she could. Winter looked around the admin office while she waited, doing everything in her power to keep her focus off of Harry Hook.

The floors were made of sleek wooden boards that Winter suspected was extremely easy slip-on. Brightly colored papers were taped and stapled to a flyer wall, Winter noticing that there was a poster for Evie's fashion business on there.

"Here you go, dear," Winter looked back to Denise who twisted on her rolling chair and reached behind her to a printer that had just finished creating the schedule.

Denise highlighted the new first-hour class before handing the schedule to Winter who gratefully accepted it. Pushing herself away from the counter, Winter nodded at Denise.

"Thank you, ma'am," she said in a quiet tone, turning toward where Harry was waiting by the doors leading to the courtyard.

Winter shrunk slightly at the intensity of Harry's blue eyes, unable to read his emotions. Looking away, she scurried out the door barely noticing how he kept it open for her. The men of Auradon always held doors open for woman, it was simply the way it was. Even those as vain as Chad Charming knew to hold open the door for a lady.