Prep The War

Mikumo was kneading bread dough in the back of the kitchen in the bakery when he heard Uraraka's voice. He smiled at the sound of his girlfriend's voice. He quickly finished up the kneading and washed his hands before hanging up his apron and going out to sit with her. Izuku had told him about what Deku had told her so he was surprised that Uraraka was still dating him at all.

He retrieved his usual, a strawberry tart and a strawberry-banana smoothie and joined her at the table where she already had her usual, a caramel mocha. She sat with her friends: Mina, Kirishima, Tsu, Iida, and Bakugou. Mikumo sat next to his girlfriend.

At first, Mikumo was surprised to hear Bakugou actually speaking. He didn't say much, but every sentence he muttered had at least one cuss word in it.

Wow, he hasn't changed his vocabulary a bit... Izuku commented making Mikumo chuckle and everyone at the table look at him oddly but he waved it off. Still, Mikumo caught the look Uraraka gave him. He suppressed a sigh.

Are you going to do it? asked Izuku.

Yeah... Mikumo replied.

All of Uraraka's friends had to go in periods but when she had to leave, Mikumo asked her to stay.

"What is it, Mikumo?" she questioned. He took a deep breath.

"I know what happened," he said.

"You do?"

Mikumo nodded. "Yes. I am aware of everything. Even how you are holding back." She raised an eyebrow. "What do you mean 'holding back', Mikumo?" "You don't want to date me but you are scared of the repercussions, aren't you?" She didn't reply, just look down, so Mikumo continued. "Uraraka, I have cherished our time but even I know this will not work. Not with the up and coming events."

She glanced up at him. "You mean the war...?" He nodded. "Yes, the war. Uraraka, it is best that we end it here. When the war comes, there is no reliability saying that either of us will survive. You will be fighting in the backlines as a hero in training most likely, but I, well Deku, will be on the frontlines with a higher chance of death." Uraraka gulped, obviously not having considered the thought that she would be fighting in the war.

"Whether it is me as Mikumo or Izuku or Deku, we are enemies, Uraraka. We've both known this. It was only wishful thinking. So let us end it here." She sighed but Mikumo could tell a weight was lifted off her shoulders, only to be replaced with a new one of impending war.

She finally nodded. "Alright, Mikumo." The brunette stood up, Mikumo following suit. He put his hand in a pocket and pulled out something but did not let Uraraka see him do that. Mikumo held out his hand and Uraraka took it and shook firmly. Mikumo swiftly slid the object into her hand. Her hazel eyes widened. Mikumo grinned.

"Until we meet again... On the battlefield."

_______________________________

Ochako stood outside of Soft Blossom Bakery and opened her hand.

She gasped and her eyes began to water.

I thought I was over him!

Ochako dried her eyes and put the now fixed necklace that she had thrown at Deku around her neck. She took a deep breath and steeled herself.

"Until we meet again, Mikumo."

She walked away from the Soft Blossom Bakery, never to return again.

_______________________________

Izuku sat on the sofa in the corner of the warehouse thinking about how to word the blog.