23. ???

Being a slave isn't easy, especially if your master tortures you and does bad things. My previous master enjoyed watching me scream, he did look after me if I got sick and gave me food whenever he thought that the time was right. My wounds couldn't heal fast enough and by the next day I would have more wounds on my body which made me weaker every day until i wasn't able to walk properly. The food wasn't enough for me either, if I were to complain I probably would be tortured and not given food at all. So I had to live with it, well... most of us lived like that.

I would always ask why? Why do they hate us so much? What did we do to deserve this? Are we really that different? We do have tails and ears of animals but we're still human on the inside and half human on the outside...

With time, you learn to hide your emotions and eventually you lose them, just like most of the slaves here with me. Our master says that nobody loses their emotions, that we just hide them until we find someone we can trust. I don't doubt him but it's hard to believe that you can find someone you can trust in this world.

I got so weak that my master threw me away, said that I wasn't satisfying him as well as the first few weeks. I remember hearing his words...

Master: "I won't be torturing you today, so you can sleep but tomorrow you will be leaving."

These words sounded as if he was forced to say these words to me. I don't remember if I was asleep or awake, cause his words sounded like they were from my dream. When the morning came, I woke up on slightly warm ground, I didn't feel cold like I usually do. I opened my eyes and saw feet walking past me from one side to the other. I wanted to get up and look around but I couldn't, I didn't have the strength to do so.

Your vision slowly adjusted to what's going on around you and only then you understood that you were outside. You were hungry and started getting thirsty too. More than half of the day past and nobody came to help you. Not that anybody cared about slaves in this place, they would walk past you and look at you with a face of disgust. Kids were willing to help you out but whoever saw them coming closer to you they would stop them and tell them a bunch of lies of how bad you are and why you're here.

Your hope of someone saving you was fading and slowly you were accepting your fate. Soon, night came and your time of death was coming closer. You looked at the food shop the whole day and thought about the food you would like to eat. The shop that was so far away at day time now looked so close. The lights got turned off and a person walked out. He locked the door and looked around for who knows what reason. He then turned your way and started walking, the night was dark but the lights were enough to let you see the whole street. While walking you saw him glancing at you, he was clearly pitying you. Giving you one last look he turned right and walked away.

He was your only hope at surviving this but now you could only hear his footsteps getting further and further.

The street got silent and the only thing you could hear was your heart beat. It was getting slower, your eyes closed on their own but you were still conscious. At this point you fully accepted your death. You were smiling and happy that you will finally leave this hell.
.
..
...
....
Quick and loud steps broke the silence you were in but you didn't care about them anymore. The footsteps soon came to a stop. You felt something warm on your hand and you felt that same warmth on your cheek.

???: "hey, please tell me your not dead."

You urged your body to move, you wanted to turn away from him, you wanted him to know that you didn't want help... not anymore... but in trying to do so you caused pain to yourself. You opened your mouth but no sound came out of it.

???: "you don't want this?"

He removed his hand from your cheek and started caressing your hair.

???: "you might not want to live now, but I promise, your future will be way better."

what a huge lia-!!

Pain went through your body as he picked you up.

???: "shit, sorry I didn't mean to hurt you but it's the only way to carry you to safety."

Every step that he made caused you pain and his talks about his past made it more painful. His good intentions are making you live through another hell. You were awake for about 5 minutes and then fell unconscious in his hands while he was still carrying you.

You woke up on a comfortable bed, when you moved your body, it didn't hurt as much as it did before. You looked around and noticed that you were in a cell... in one of many cells.

Great, from one cell to another.

The cells weren't huge, all of them had a bed and a small table near it. The beds weren't empty though, someone was sleeping in them already.

You try to get up but halfway through you dropped back down with your hands holding your stomach. The pain was almost unbearable for you because you almost didn't pass out. As the pain slowly faded you got comfortable in your bed and closed your eyes to get some more sleep.
.
.
.