Chapter 3: LAURA

We talked for about fifteen minutes or so before mom and dad came back.

"So Laura tell me about your...life"

"What!?" I asked laughing at the aspect of the question.

"I mean your... love life."

"Why the hell do you want to know it?" I asked amused.

"Nothing I was just wondering,"

"Well I mean-" but I was spared a response as our parent's car pulled on the driveway.

"Hey sweathearts," my mom called as she made her way in the dining room carrying three brown bags.

"Mom did you brig it?"Lynn asked enthusiastically

"Oh yes here," my mom answered and pulled out a chocolate frappuccino. I almost chocked on my breakfast sand which.

"Is that caffeinated!?" I asked

"I guess its mild coffee,"

"There is no such thing mom, how even is she allowed to have it, do you even know how much sugar is in it?"

"Come on, I am getting older Laura if you are fifteen and doesn't like to act like one doesn't mean it applies for me as well," Lynn mocked slurping loudly on her drink

"Manners Lynn," Dad called from the hallway

"Sorry," she giggled

After finishing our breakfast in silence we all packed ourselves in the car and began heading the Hospital for Lynn's appointment.

I stayed outside in the waiting room while our parents and Lynn went inside for the checkup. I was halfway though a magazine I found, when she came out her face showing no emotion at all.

"What happened Lynn, is everything okay?"

"Dr. Beckett says that she wants to talk to Mom and Dad alone,whatever that means."

"It's okay must be your new medication or it may even be a good news," I tried encouraging her.

"I hope so," she replied softly.

"Come on lets go to the children's room it will cheer you up," I said getting up. The hospital where Lynn is being treated has this kind of kid heaven, there is this room with games and arcades for children to spend time at. We spend some time here after each of Lynn's checkup because it always puts a smile on her face, but today she just sat there nibbling on a piece of chocolate I bought her. I tried talking to her but she seemed distant so after a while I stopped trying. However what caught both of us attention was a pair of sisters that were fighting each other on the table beside us.

"Ughhh Sarah please," the younger sister said.

"You are adopted you know," the older one mocked.

"Well at least they wanted me," the younger one responded

"Gotta give that kid a point," Lynn said to me and I nodded in agreement. We just sat there and listened the sisters jabbing each other until mom called me telling to meet her at the reception her voice grave, as though she had been crying---not a good sign.

Hey guys, thank you for reading this far. 

Please vote, comment,follow and add to support the book!