Two Days Later

Today we launch the attack on Jeanine and her allies, and get Tobi and Tris back.

We're leaving in a few minutes. Everyone is just making sure they are ready.

Oh! Evelyn just appeared at the door; time to go. I hope this works.

******************************

A Few Hours After The Attack.

******************************

What happened to an equal government?! Evelyn has done away with the Faction system, and placed herself in power, with the Factionless as her enforcers. She's almost as bad as Jeanine.

#Flashback#

"Come on, Tiana. We're all ready." Evelyn smiles from the doorway.

"Coming." I grab my gun from next to me on the bed, and follow her out the door.

We all walk towards Erudite silently, and I take a deep breathe as I see the building. Last time I can here, I was tortured...

We entered the lobby, and the Factionless and loyal Dauntless were quick to take out the traitors who were carrying guns. The Factionless grabbed the guns as we all went past, and we all split off. Me, Evelyn, Edgar and some loyal Dauntless head to find Jeanine. We find her in a test room with a large chamber. As we enter, I see Max aiming his gun at Tobi, who is stood sheltering Tris, and fire off a quick shot, causing Max to drop the gun. The others take out the other guards, and Evelyn and I smile at Tobi and Tris, before walking over to where Jeanine has been surrounded by the loyal Dauntless.

"Hello, Jeanine." Evelyn smiles triumphantly.

"Evelyn?" Jeanine looks at her shocked.

"Impressive." Evelyn smiles looking around the room slightly. "I think we're gonna like it here."

"Do you honestly think the other factions will stand for this?" Jeanine asks, scoffing, but seeming a bit fearful at the same time.

"Because you're so popular?" Evelyn retorts sarcastically, and I smile,

Jeanine gulps, knowing Evelyn is right. A large group of the Factionless flood in, and help restrain Jeanine's lackeys.

"Get her out of here." Evelyn tells Lynn and Edgar, who shove Jeanine away.

"When that message gets out, it'll be the end." Jeanine shouts, struggling, as she is led away. Christina and a Factionless man follow pushing Caleb in front of them.

Evelyn watches them go, as I hug Tobi and Tris tightly, glad they are safe.

As we pull apart, Evelyn turns to Tobias.

"What message?"

"You'll see." He replies, smirking slightly. "I'm gonna put it on every monitor in the city.

Evelyn and I watch the monitor, as Tobi streams it to all in the city.

"Hello. I come from out side the fence, where we have all but destroyed each other. We designed your city as an experiment. We believe it is the only way to recover the humanity we have lost, and we created the Factions to ensure peace. We believe there will be those of you who transcend these Factions, and these will be the Divergent. They are the true purpose of this experiment, and they are vital to humanities survival. If you are watching this now, then at least one of you is proof that our experiment has succeeded. The time has come for you to emerge from your isolation, and re-join us. We've allowed you to believe that you are the last of us, but you are not. Mankind waits for you, with hope, beyond the wall." The woman in the message tells us.

#End Of Flashback#

Everyone started to stream towards the gate, and Evelyn quickly gave the orders for the Factionless to shut the gate, and not let anyone through.

And here I am, having to pretend that I trust her, and that have renounced the Factions. Tobi and I need her to trust us, because we need to be able to get the equipment we need to climb over the wall, and make it out of the city.

Yes. We're getting out of here anyway. I have talked to Tori and Johanna, and it seems they have created the Allegiant. They are a group of people who still believe in the Factions, and want to leave the city.

Me, Tori, Tris, Tobi, Christina, Peter and Caleb are going to leave, and see what is out there. If we find there is life beyond the fence, 200 years after our city was created, then we will return to collect more people.

Up until Evelyn ordered the gate to be shut and heavily guarded, I had been becoming more willing to let her back into my life, but now I'm not so sure. If she's not even giving us a chance to explore out side of the fence, then why should I give her a chance to fix things with me?

Evelyn is holding trials for Jeanine's lackeys, and even though Tobi and I have told her Eric is on our side, she is insisting on trialling him. Another reason why I'm not happy with her, and am not sure about letting her back in my life.

I dont know why, but I persuaded Evelyn not to kill Jeanine, and just to wipe her memory. Despite my difficulty liking her, Ive been working with her to catch her up on what happened and whats going on, leaving out the details of her torturing me and Tobi. I just told her that something she did killed a lot of people, so thats why people dont like her. Ive also, with help from Shauna, given her a makeover.

(A/N: Jeanine not dying is because of my new found love for Kate Winslet, and also the RP I have with  AnnabethLestrange16. Go check that girl out. She's an amazing writer, and a Catric shipper.)

******

Eric's trial just happened. As many of us could vouch for him, including Kang who wasn't impressed that Evelyn wanted to use the Truth Serum on someone who's been trialled before, he was let off fairly quickly.

I'm going to miss him so much when we leave the city, but I don't want him coming in case its dangerous. And anyway, if he was to come, it would give Evelyn a reason to kill him, whereas if I leaving him here, not knowing what's going on, he'll be safe from harm, because they wont even be able to accuse him of knowing our plans and not telling the leadership, which is basically just Evelyn.

She keeps trying to drag Tobi and I into it, but we just don't want to, and she is starting to see that, although, the Factionless still listen to us, as do many of the others.

Edgar has kept his authority as Evelyn's second in command, but is a bit annoyed that Tobi and I are kept in higher status.

Anyways, I got to go. The Allegiant are about to have a meeting, and I should be there, as we are adding the finishing touches to the plan of how the small exploration group is going to get out of here.

See ya.