02 ✰

NARRATOR
📍City Of Detrixt

As the party neighboring city Calyx... unlike Detrixt everything was stormed and unmaintained... But what is special in their city that Calyx doesn't have is people who actually care for each other and look out for each other.

As the students in the school of Calyx were served the most posh meals in existence. Detrixt serves their students canned, frozen, day old meals since they have to preserve food.

For breakfast they eat canned beans and a slice of bread. After that they head to their first few subjects teaching them how to serve the privilege.

Then comes lunch... They serve Mac & Cheese and if lucky enough you can get second servings... While the privilege eat at their outside garden.

The pauper's have to eat in a compact cafeteria since Detrixt can't afford to make a new school or extend their groundings.

Life wasn't easy in Detrixt... Yes they might be poor... Yes they might not smell the best.. Yes they always look tired... They might be all of that because of their work to support their family.

Until today...

—— ☽ ——

6:30 am
📍Richie's Diner 6th Tams Avenue

—— ☾ ——

A wine red haired boy entered the diner's back door and changed into his working uniform. He went to the tables and started cleaning the floor and counters. His name is Choi Yeonjun... A 20 year old boy who dreams to become a professional dancer.. but can't since of lack in money.

(yes i'm bringing back wine haired yeonjun and brown haired taehyun for this book)

Moments later a brown haired boy entered the diner. It was his co-worker Kang Taehyun.

Taehyun started working in the diner three years ago while Yeonjun started five years ago even with a part time job.

"Good morning Yeonjun" Taehyun greeted the elder who was busily mopping the floor.

"Morning Taehyun, Get your mops and start cleaning"Yeonjun said as Taehyun placed down his bag on the counter and spoke. 

"Actually i think we don't need to..."

"What do you mean?"Yeonjun stopped mopping the floor and looked at Taehyun.

"Have you forgotten? Today is the day where Forthwith University sends staff and pick out the students to attend their alma-matter"Taehyun replied to Yeonjun.

"The university in an island separating our city and Calyx?" Yeonjun asked as Taehyun nodded.

Yeonjun has been waiting for years to get into that University.. But he hasn't been lucky for the past years.. This is the last year he is able to get in since the city removes teenagers above 21.

"What time is the picking anyway" Yeonjun resumed mopping.

"7..." Taehyun said as Yeonjun dropped his mop on the floor.

"What about our boss? Does he know about this?"

"Every working teen is given an hour off for the picking ceremony Yeonjun..."

"Lets go then" Yeonjun grabbed his backpack as Taehyun followed behind.

The two went to the main square of their city. Teens were crowding and waiting for it to start. 10 lucky teens will be attending the university and the rest who wasn't picked will have to wait for the next 3 years before the next choosing.