39» That Need

Grace's POV
« NOW »

He kissed me.

At first, the surprise was just too much. I lost control of my senses altogether when he pressed his lips against mine.

My eyes widened up a little but I didn't react. I didn't kiss him back. I didn't push him away either.

Slowly –almost gently– he cupped my face with both of his hands and pulled me closer. Perhaps that's when realization really hit me.

Luca was kissing me.

I had no idea what I was really doing when I leaned closer towards him, kissing him back. There wasn't that familiar strange feeling inside me when I kissed him. There wasn't any guilt, or regret.

I closed my eyes, feeling the softness of his lips. It felt...unnatural. Something that really couldn't be real.

This couldn't be real.

However, when he pulled away all of a sudden, I opened up my eyes in surprise. He was still close, but not kissing me anymore.

I blinked, watching as his light brown eyes darkened up with clear disbelief. As if he couldn't believe that he had just kissed me. I couldn't believe that either.

Everything felt overwhelming at this point. I could hear my heart beating wildly in my ears. I could still feel the light touch of his lips against mine.

Yet his eyes looked wild. Almost scared.

A sudden fierce tug in my heart made me lean over towards him. I kissed him this time because I really, really wanted to. I wanted to feel the touch of his lips again. Something ached inside me to feel it again.

Placing my hands on either side of his face, I closed my eyes and kissed him. I did sense his hesitation and for a whole wide second, I thought he'd push me away.

But he didn't.

He wrapped an arm around my waist, pushing me back against the door. I couldn't think straight. My brain felt like mush, so much so that I didn't even hear the door closing shut behind me.

His hand that wasn't holding onto my waist went in my hair, pressing his lips more firmly against my own. A small shiver escaped past my lips when his hand went lower down my waist, pulling me closer.

When I was completely out of breath, I pulled away. Even if I didn't want to. This all was just too much. I couldn't register anything that just happened. I was angry at him few minutes ago. He had been acting like he hated me.

And nowI didn't even know what was happening.

I felt like I'd lose my sanity in just this short span of time. His dark brown eyes lingered over my face, the corners of his lips tugging upwards in a slow, breathtaking smile.

And my breath stopped midway in my lungs when he kissed me again. This time however, he gently bit onto my bottom lip making a tiny gasp escape my lips.

My hands entangled themselves in his soft curls, loving the feel of them against my fingertips. For the first time in so long, I felt that strange familiar ache going away.