forty-two.

DEAD MAN!
CHAPTER FORTY-TWO.
i love you.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

EVERYONE HAD GATHERED ROUND IN THE BOYS' LOCKER ROOM JUST AS NOAH STILINSKI GOT OFF HIS PHONE, ALL EAGER TO HEAR THE NEWS ON THE MISSING TEEN. The man sighed in defeat, looking towards Scott, Adrian and Isaac. "I got to meet with the medical examiner and try to figure out what happened with Jackson. I've got an APB out on Stiles. His jeep is still in the parking lot, so that means . . ."

Adrian frowned as he watched the parent become too overwhelmed, unable to finish his sentence as he blinked away tears. The boy couldn't even imagine the horrible thoughts he must be thinking in a time like this. "Well, I don't know what that means. Umm . . ." Noah took a deep breath. "Look, is he answers his phone, if he answers his emails, if any of you three see him-"

"We'll call you." Isaac gave a reassuring nod to the man.

Scott, sensing the Sheriff's stress, spoke up. "Look, he's probably just freaked out from all the attention or something. We'll find him."

Noah pursed his lips together, silent for a moment before nodding. "Yeah. I'll see you, okay?" He turned to his son's boyfriend, the two sharing looks of sympathy between one another in understanding. "I'll find some way to reach you if he comes home."

Adrian nodded. "Thank you, Noah." The man nodded, wandering away from the three teens who watched him leave the busy locker rooms.

Police officers interviewed the lacrosse team around them as boys got changed, trying to comprehend what had just happened. It seemed everyone was lost on what went down when the lights shut off.

"McCall, Martin." Coach addressed them as he marched over, a gentle look the two had never seen before in his eyes. "We need you both on the team, okay? You know I can't put you on the field next season if you two don't get your grades up."

The two boys gave a short nod in understanding, Scott replying for himself and Adrian. "Yeah, we know, Coach."

"All right." The man turned to walk away, hesitating before facing them again. "I mean, I-I know I yell a lot, but it's not like I hate you guys. Well, I kind of hate Greenberg, but, you know, that's different. It's Greenberg. I'm just saying we . . . I need you both on the team. Get your grades back up."

Adrian tried his best to manage a smile in that moment. "We will, Coach." he promised.

"I know." And with that quiet mutter, the man walked off for good this time.