2

"I told you I'm fine!" Sophie said to Elwin as he flashed another ball of light around her arm.

"We can never be sure with you." Elwin said and leaned back with a sigh.

Sophie looked at her feet. Could she even trust him anymore? Elwin was almost a part of the black swan so she remained wary.

"So... pretty crazy thing with the leap master huh?" Elwin said as he rummaged through his satchel.

"Mhm." She mumbled.

"How did you get out of the way?" He asked casually but she could tell he asked for a reason.

"I jumped. I saw the ceiling crack and immediately ran for it." She answered and fidgeted with the edge of her half cape.

"Well then, it seems like you were very fortunate." He said and smiled.

"Hm, can I go home now?" She asked a bit impatiently.

"I suppose, just let me know if there are any changes." He said as she hoped off the healing centres cot.

"Got it." She finally said and raised her home crystal to the light.

***
Back at Havenfeild Sophie lay on her bed staring at the canopy of her bed. Her mind still processing the days events and what they meant now.
She couldn't trust anyone in the Black Swan anymore.
Fitz had cheated on her with Linh, so she barely knew if she could trust her friends anymore.
And Alvar, the infamous Vacker who betrayed his family, saved her life.
Boy things were kinda crazy. But the biggest question she had, was why. Why did a member of the Neverseen save her? They wanted her dead, right? But she could never get the answers to these questions, could she? She let out a loud groan of frustration and rolled over to lay on her stomach with her face buried in her pillow. He sulk fest was interrupted by a knock at her door.

"I told you Grady! I don't want to talk!" She yelled across the room.

"It's not Grady." A different male voice answered.

She sat up quickly to see Tam standing in her doorway.

"Oh it's you." She mumbled and hugged a pillow.

Tam nodded,
"Yup, the one and only." He said with a weak smile and walked over to her.

He sat on the bed and sighed.

"Listen, I just wanted to let you know that what my sister did is really fucked up. She shouldn't have done it and I'm not talking to her anymore." He said.

"Oh." She said a bit surprised.

It was a stupid answer but she was surprised that he didn't take her side.

"Are you the only one who thinks that?" She asked.

"No, Dex and Keefe are with you too." He said and stood up.

"Oh ok." She said and nodded.

Tam waved goodbye and leaped away. Leaving Sophie alone again.
****

The next morning when she woke, there were footprints in her flowered carpet. She shot up from bed and followed the footsteps from where they came in through her window. They went to a table beside her bookshelf where a note and crystal lay.

I know you must be so confused right now but I'm willing to explain if you'll let me. Use this crystal to come meet me at sunset.
-Alvar