Part 11

They slowly and unwillingly pull apart. Arnav "Khushi we will discuss this later, but I want you to keep quite for now" She just nods. Arnav goes to open the door.

Payal,Buaji, and Garima pushing babuji's wheel chair rush in to see Khushi.

Payal "Khushi tum theek ho"

Buaji " hai re nandkishore! Titeliya kasi ho" Garima puts her hand on Khushi forehead. "Khushi tumna to huma dara hi diya tha. Yeh to acha hua ki Arnav bitwa na aap ko dekh liya aur hospital lee aaya."

Khushi " Buaji, amma hum bilkol theek hai .Deeko" She smiles at them .

Anjali and naniji NK and Akash have also come along to inquire about her health. They all surround her and look at her.

Naniji " Bhagwan ka shokar ha ki aap theek hai"

Anjali " ha naniji, hum to dar hi gaya tha jab inhona huma bataya ki Khushiji hospital mei ha. Agar ye nahi hota to hum to bata hi nahi sakta ki hamara kaya haal hota."

Khushi and Arnav simultaneously look at each other. Sham enters the room and puts his hand on Anjali's shoulder.

Sham "aap kyu parashan hoti hai, hum hai na aap ka saath" in a sly tone.

Arnav clenches his wrists in anger. Khushi notices it and feels sorry for him. She could feel his temper rising on the shameless behavior of Sham.

Khushi " Arnavji" its out before she could stop herself. She couldn't bear to see his pain. Everyone looks at Khushi. She realizes that she has said it aloud and now does not know what to say. Arnav looks at her questioningly "mmm Arnavji, thankyou ," She extends her hand towards him. He realizes that Khushi has seen him clench his wrist in anger and is trying to calm him down. He slowly opens his wrist and extends his hands to hold hers. She tightens her grip on his hand and smiles, as if trying to tell him that she is with him and they will solve it out together. "Thank you for saving me today, agar aaj aap nahi hota to shayad hum mar ........" Arnav doesn't let her finish the sentence and says " Hum kaise nahi hota" and tightens his grip on her hand. He could not even think of what Khushi was going to say leave alone hear it. He stares at her intently asking her to shutup.

NK "yes yes Khushi nothing is going to happen to you after all you have to prepare for the Barat dance, and come on horse"

Everyone laughs at this and they start discussing about the sangeet and how the scorpion had come into the house. The doctor comes in to check Khushi.

Doctor "She is absolutely fine, but we would like to keep her under observation for tonight. She can go home tomorrow. I think there are too many people in the room and the patient needs to rest. She has been given some medicines and should sleep now. I would request all of you to leave as we have a very dedicated staff to take care of her."

Payal insists that she would like to stay with Khushi but the doctor asks her to leave as well.

Doctor "Mam the nurses here are very capable and besides them I will be on duty the whole night. You don't have to worry. We will look after her very nicely and will not give you a chance for any complaints."

Arnav " I think the doctor is right. We should all leave and let Khushi sleep." He looks at her asking her to support him.

Khushi "yes jiji, I am fine and would like to sleep. As it is everyone is tired after the sangeet and need to rest. You go home with buaji and amma ,I will be all right. Anjaliji app bhi naniji ka saath ghar jai, hum theek hai and would sleep now."

Payal " you will sleep now?"

Khushi "yes jiji app jaiya"

Everyone leaves wishing her good night and asking her to take rest. Khushi feels very lonely once everyone leaves and starts wondering why Arnavji had asked her to ask everyone to leave. He too had left with them. How much she wanted him to stay here with her tonight, hold her hand and caress her forehead. She is still thinking this when the door opens and Arnav "will be right back, wait for me".