Chapter 5

_Chapter 5_

Ricky Martinez

"Are you alright?" I worried. I seriously didn't want to hurt him that bad. It was just he really triggered some nerve there.

"Want to play the caring guy or what?" I sighed at that. "If you really want to then you can get my meds from my place. Just ask my Mom if you can't find them."

I bit my lips, really not being motivated to go over to his house, knowing that my mother was there, seeming to be in a bad mood. And it was nothing funny when she was in a bad mood. However, he really look tired which is why I didn't object nor started another fight for once.

"Yeah, okay."

I went to check on him where I noticed that he was already sleeping. His face was compared to the place I hit him really pale. How come he could have such a weak frame when his character was so unbelievable vibrant and strong? It was so confusing.

The door suddenly opened with Liana storming in, holding something in her hands. "Hey, Elliot l-" she stopped immediately when she saw him laying in my bed. "What happened?" She whispered and went to check on him, too.

"He's fine. Just let him sleep."

"Ricky?" She came and hugged me. "Why is he like that?"

"I don't know, sweetie. He never told me." I patted her head.

"I don't want him to suffer. I really like him." Then she whispered the next part in my ear. "And I think you like him, too."

"Not true, he's super annoying." She giggled and shook her head at my answer. "Can you watch him for me for a few minutes. I'm going over to his place to get something, okay?"

"Mhm," she nodded.

"Thanks," I smiled and quickly hurried to put on my shoes before grabbing my phone in order to leave the house. The less than three minutes to head over passed by too quickly as I noticed the moment I stood in front of the door and rang the bell.

Mrs. Warren was the one to open up in surprise before letting me in. "Do you need anything?"

"I should get Elliot's pills," I pointed out.

"Right let me get them for you," she nodded, went to grab what I came for and was back in less than a minute. "Is he doing alright?" She worried.

"Guess so, he's sleeping right now," I nodded.

"Ugh, he shouldn't be sleeping now, go wake him up once you return. If he sleeps too long he won't be able to sleep at night and he doesn't sleep well anyway," she groaned.

"What are this meds for anyway?" I frowned and stared at them trying to identify the unknown terms. "Why does he have to take them?"

"Did Elliot not tell you?" She gasped. "In fact, did he even tell you anything about his state?"

"He tends to brush it off whenever I try to," I shrugged.

"You mind sitting down? If I don't tell you myself I doubt you'll ever get to know," she guided me to the living room where I met Mom who was frowning at my presence.

"Did anything happen?" She wondered.

"No, don't worry. Just my son being as stubborn as ever," Mrs. Warren shook her head before looking back at me. "Yeah, he never was one to talk or mention that topic. Thus, it makes sense to just tell you myself. Elliot he, he was never the lively type of person. I mean he did do athletics back then but that's about it. He's always with himself and never learned how to grow attached to people. Although it was partially our fault for moving so often and never giving him the chance to. So, if he's causing you any problems, don't take it too personal he's always like that."