CHAPTER | 26 |

IN THE EVENING, Ghost returned to the room after talking to Santan's men and sighed, frustrated. "Get dressed," he ordered while removing his shirt and putting on a new one, quickly buttoning it.

Sensing his annoyance, I changed into a white dress and tied my hair into a bun. "Where are we going?"

"To meet my uncle."

My hand froze as I put my earrings in. "Do you have a family or not?"

"My parents are dead, angel. Does that answer your question?"

"Oh. I'm sorry."

He exhaled, hearing the sympathy in my voice and came over to me. "Don't feel sorry for me. I kill people for a living."

"But-"

"I promise you by tomorrow you will hate me all over again so don't waste your time."

I narrowed my eyes at him. "I hate you anyway."

Smirking, he brushed a loose strand of hair from my face. "You don't willingly f*ck someone you hate, but whatever makes you happy."

I smacked his hand away and sat down on the bed to put on my heels. "I don't look presentable and I have nowhere to hide weapons. Can't I just stay here?"

"You look fine," Ghost said, undressing me with his eyes. "Better with no clothes though. And you don't need a weapon. Nothing will happen to you, I swear."

"That doesn't sound believable at this point."

"You're going to be the safest you have ever been in your life. Even I can't hurt you."

"Sounds dangerous to me," I muttered under my breath before getting up. "I'm ready."

He stepped back, arms folded. "No underwear."

I blinked at him. "What?"

His gold eyes darkened with desire as he held his hand out. "Give it to me."

Blushing hard, I did as he asked, handing him the lace annoyed. "This is stupid."

Ghost shrugged, sliding it into his pocket and pulled me towards him. His hands ran over the curve of my ass, holding me close as if he had no intention of leaving the hotel room. "It's our secret," he whispered in my ear, eliciting a moan from me.

"Let's stay here," I whimpered as my hardened nipples brushed against his chest.

"I'd like that, but my uncle will come here if we don't go. It'll be a few hours and then I'll take care of you."

I rolled my eyes and walked towards the door. "Let's get this over and done with."

*****

"Ghost!" A voice bellowed as soon as we entered the restaurant and approached a table at the back. The man who spoke was almost a replica of Ghost, only older with black eyes.

"Maddox." Ghost seemed calm as he reached out to shake his uncle's hand. I lowered my gaze, unsure what to do.

"Lei come si chiama?" Maddox said to me, as we sat down. My eyes widened and I turned to Ghost, confused.

"Questa è Malia," he replied to his uncle who nodded and grinned at me.

"Lei è bella."

Ghost placed a possessive arm over my chair. "Vaffaculo."

"Language," Maddox answered in English with a heavy accent, laughing. "I don't know how that family raised you."

"They didn't have much choice. How's the family?"