Chapter Ten

I snuck out the back of the school and headed toward the bleachers to wait for Pierce. Except, I didn't have to wait for him. He was waiting for me.

As I approached he got up and met me at the bottom of the stairs to the bleachers. He grabbed my hand and pulled me out of sight from everyone. It seemed like our bad boy and girl days at the group home taught him exactly how to hide things.

"I'm sorry for treating you like that at lunch." Sincerity sounded in his voice as he spoke. "I know all this started because of me." He took a deep breath to calm his thoughts. "I never thought I would see you again Baker. I never wanted to hurt you. Even leaving the group home I didn't want to hurt you. It's why I never told you. I knew it would kill you. Please don't take my forever with you away?" His hands held mine tightly.

"None of this was supposed to happen, I know Pierce. Be happy with Ally. I know you already are. I will deal with it. But you have to give me the same respect. You will always be first but I don't expect you to drop her because I'm here. We are both new people and before we just try and go back to who we were; we need to find ourselves." I rested my head against his chest as I listened to him breathe. "Everything will fall into place Pierce. But I can promise you that I won't take our forever away."

He kissed the top of my head before his phone interrupted our moment. I moved myself away from him as he pulled out his phone. I read the name Ally across the screen as the photo of him kissing her cheek flashed as well. He turned his phone quickly away from me and answered the phone.

I sat with my head against his shoulder while I listened to the words flow from his mouth. He sounded so poise and smooth. His voice was mesmerizing. I could fall asleep just listening to him talk. Honestly, I had done it before. He was special and I'm glad he knew how special he was to this world.

"I'll see you soon Al. Love you too. Bye." I sighed at the love you too. I couldn't help but be saddened by the words but I had to learn to accept it. "Need a ride home Baker?"

"Yes please." I looked at him with a smile. He stood up and grabbed my hand to pull me up. We walked in silence to his car and I got into the passenger's seat. "Nice car you got here Kingston." I ran my hand along the door. His family's money bought him a fancy car. A car that was way more than either of us could have ever dreamed of having.

"It's a car." He said so unenthused by his car. "I honestly don't care about cars. Give me a car that's falling apart and I'll be happy. You know that more than anyone Baker." I nodded as he started his car and began to drive me home.

We didn't say much on the ride honestly. We kept it quiet taking in each other's beings instead. We didn't need to talk to communicate. Just being around each other was enough for our communication. That's how our bond was.

A few houses down Pierce pulled off to the side of the road. He didn't want to get caught driving me home. I agreed with this action. I didn't want either of us to have rumors started about us. Neither of us needed suspicion surrounding our situation. We needed to keep our past our past.

"Thanks for the ride. Good luck tonight Kingston." I grabbed his hand and squeezed it before getting out of his car. He smiled and waved as I shut the door.