Chapter Twenty-Two

I can't believe you Charlee." Pierce said to me as I sat next to him in last period. He wasn't upset with me, just disappointed that I so easily forgave Grayson. He's feelings were reasonable and I understood why he felt the way he did.

"He's insecure. He said what he did because he fears you taking his spot. I mean, from what Ally has told me, you walked up in here and swept Reece right away from him. You had to do nothing and Reece started putting you first." I grabbed Pierce's hand in mine. "I mean I know why Reece did, because you are the best but," I shrugged, "it eats at you after a while."

"I guess you're right Baker." Pierce rested his head on my shoulder for a second. "I really hate giving you up." He said just loud enough for me, and only me, to hear. "It burns deep seeing him kiss you. It takes me back to... us."

Having Pierce talk about us flooded my mind with memories. Memories that I saw every day but tried my hardest to push out of my head, knowing I couldn't have them back. I could hear the pain in his voice as he spoke about us. It ran deep within his bones.

"Just you, takes me back to us, Pierce." I made him look at me. I wanted him to see the emotions that I felt every time I saw him. "Some days I really want you," I took a pause to let my feelings settle, "all of you." My eyes flicked down to his lap but quickly returned to meet his eyes again.

Our conversation ended there when the seats in front of us were filled by Reece and Harlow.

I could tell that the thought of such an intimate moment between Pierce and I ran through his mind the entire class. His side eye looks gave it all away. He kept my attention throughout the period. I couldn't focus on what was being taught because, I too, was also thinking about Pierce giving himself to me.

The rest of the day went smoothly, that was until the weekly winning party. School ended. We won the football game. But that party completely turned life into a downward spiral that I didn't expect to ever have to deal with.

"I told you I'd get my name across your back baby." Grayson's breath smelt of pure alcohol. His touch made me want to run away. I had never felt this way towards him, but the alcohol he had within him scared me. He was acting more pushy than normal and it was taking me back to what I went through growing up.

His words only got a nod in return. He was so gone that he couldn't even sense how uncomfortable I was feeling. I kept trying to shrug him off me but he wasn't getting the hint.

Everyone around had already had took in way more alcohol than they should have, and the party was just beginning. As much as I hated drinking and didn't want to, I felt like I needed to numb the feelings of my past from coming up.

I found my way to the kitchen leaving Grayson alone on the couch in the living room. As I grabbed a red solo cup filling it with alcohol, Pierce entered the room. "Baker." He said firmly placing his hands against the kitchen island that separated the two of us.

"Kin-" I paused and corrected myself so no one knew of our past, "Hudson." He shook his head hating the sound of his new last name leaving my mouth.

My eyes studied his every move. Not one moment went unseen. He moved slowly around the island keeping his hands on the counter. His eyes didn't leave me. I watched as his eyes looked up and down my body taking in the tight clothes that lined my skin. It was something he had never seen me in before. I always had my body covered in a potato sack.

"Drinking?" He said grabbing the cup from my hand and taking a sip from the cup.

"I thought you didn't drink?" I said as he got closer. I could smell the alcohol coming off him, just like I had smelt on Grayson.