Chapter Thirty-Two

Charlee get up!" Reece banged on my door as he did every morning. I groaned as I stretched forgetting that I had much less room than I normally did. My arm knocked Pierce in the nose causing him to groan in pain.

"Oh shit. I'm sorry Pierce." He sat up fast realizing that he was in my bed.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck." He said jumping out of my bed quickly. I looked at him with confused eyes. "I need to pick up Ally in like fifteen minutes." He looked at his phone as he spoke to me.

"Oh," is all I could say before he disappeared out of my room without saying another word. It was like nothing we shared last night even mattered. My door was left open and Reece's face appeared.

"What the hell was he doing in your room? Still."

"Must have fallen asleep while watching a movie. I don't know. Can you just get out so I can get ready?" Reece rolled his eyes as he grabbed the handle on my door.

"Someone's in a pissy mood." He said before shutting the door behind him.

Someone's in a pissy mood, I mocked in my head as I pulled clothes out of my closet to get ready.

I didn't even bother showering even though I knew I should have after the little sexual rendezvous Pierce and I had. I just couldn't find it in myself to get in the shower. It was too much effort that my mental capacity at the moment wasn't able to handle. I threw my hair up in a messy bun and brushed my teeth before heading down stairs with my book bag to wait for Reece to be ready to go.

"Good morning sweetheart. How did you sleep last night?" A smile spread wide across my mother's face.

"Fine." I said in the most monotone voice I could. It was far from what she expecting. She had just let a boy spend the night in my room. She was hoping for a, rainbows and butterflies answer, but she wasn't going to get that.

"You want some breakfast?" She said as she got everyone else's breakfast ready. I shrugged my shoulders walking over to get the bag of bread off the counter. "Or be short with me that's fine too Charlee." She said with an attitude that mimicked mine.

I grabbed two pieces of bread and dropped them into the toaster ignoring my mother's comment. Thankfully, the boys of the house entered the room at the same time. It broke the awkward tension that overwhelmed the room.

"Can you call Grayson to pick you up? I've got to go get Harlow, her car broke down last night. And we all know someone doesn't like to be late."

"You just expect things to be awkward between him and I because Pierce spent the night last night. Newsflash, Grayson will never know and if you say something don't expect me to ever talk to you again." I grabbed my toast from the toaster and spread butter on the pieces before walking out the door to walk to Grayson's place.

As Grayson's house came into sight I saw Pierce's car sitting out front. At least he wasn't lying. But I didn't want to see him again. I leaned against Grayson's car and pulled his name up on my phone. Within the first ring he answered. "Well hello my Charlee girl."

"Come outside and take me to school please." I said in a chipper tone, one that I was faking, hoping it would make everything okay.

"You're here?" He struggled to get out and sounded like he was choking on something.

"Yeah, I'm standing naked in your driveway, hurry up before the whole neighborhood sees." I ended the call there and watched the passing cars while I waited for Grayson.

What seemed like fifteen minutes after making the call Grayson's body appeared in front of mine. He was still in what I assumed to be his pajamas and his hair was pointing in every which way. Shocked flushed over me as I stared at him.

"I'm going to be late."

"I-" he was fumbling with words trying to find something to say.

"You what Grayson?" A twinge of anger flowed through my words.

Before his words could fill the tension between us, a girl called out from the house. My eyes shot to the door to see one of the many cheerleaders that roamed the halls of Lincoln High. A laughed fell from my mouth.

"Oh." I laughed again shaking my head. "Have fun with her Grayson." I took off down the street knowing no matter how fast I walked I would never make it to school on time, let alone, if ever.

I heard Grayson call after me once but he didn't follow me. He had what he wanted waiting at his front door. The start of this day honestly couldn't get any worse. Or at least I thought it couldn't until I heard a car pull up behind me and come to a stop.

"Need a ride?" A blonde haired girl's voice called out behind me and I felt my stomach in my throat. I turned around slowly to see Pierce's blue car on the side of the road with Ally's head popped out the window.

"No, no it's okay." I started walking again trying to avoid this awkward car ride.

"You'll never make it on time Charlee." Her voice sounded as the wheels of the car moved to match my pace as I walked.

I glanced over to see Pierce sitting in the driver's seat. I honestly couldn't even stomach looking at him. The toast I had put into my body for breakfast just wanted to escape. I had no choice though, if I wanted to make it on time this was all I had.

"Fine." I rolled my eyes as the car came to a stop. I got into the back seat and stared out the window, ignoring how Ally was all over Pierce as he drove.