Chapter Forty-Four

I went to the nurses even though that wasn't my original intent. I needed to get away without getting in trouble.

"How are you feeling Charlee?" The nurse undressed my foot, checking to make sure that everything was how it should be. My complaint of fake pain made her do this. But it didn't really need to be done. My foot was the least of my worries.

"Heart broken." I shrugged. "Seems to be normal lately." I laughed a little, not knowing why I was opening up to my damn school nurse about this.

"Boys suck, don't they?" I nodded my head as the nurse shot a rather perfect smile at me. "Ignore 'em. They aren't worth half the time you'll probably put into them."

"If that isn't the damn truth. First, I tell Pierce that we need to stop whatever it is we are doing behind Ally's back. Then, I go to rely on Grayson, which I told myself not to move my fucking trust from one person to another, but that's exactly what I did. And then Grayson comes back from lunch with another girl shoved up his ass. Like hello? I'm right here waiting for you like a lost fucking puppy dog." I sighed but then realized what I just said, and who I just said it to.

"Pierce Hudson and Grayson Coleman?"

"Ignore what I just said. You didn't hear any of it." I quickly tried to grab up my crutches to leave, but when I looked at my undressed foot, I sighed sitting back down on the bed.

"Good looking boys, but don't you think you deserve better? Pierce has a girlfriend. Grayson is Grayson, once he lost Emery he turned into someone who just slept with everyone."

"How do you know all of this?"

"Nice to meet you, I'm Pierce's older sister." My mouth dropped. You have got to be fucking kidding me.

"Biological sister." I dropped my back against the bed I was sat on. "The famous Charlee Baker that stole my brothers heart. Didn't know he had a sister at all, let alone a biological one, did you?"

"He never opens up, so no." I sat back up, studying the face of a woman who knew my forever better than I did. "I tried to just cut him off after what happened this past weekend and he goes shit talking me to my brother. I didn't want to hurt him. It's what had to be done so he could love the girl he actually has."

"It's what Pierce does. It's the only way he knows how to cut people off. He paints a picture of them as a person who is a piece of shit. He cut our entire family out of his life. When he went to stay with our mother he straight up just took emotional bullets and shot them at everyone. That's why no one in our family wanted him. That's why he ended up with you."

I couldn't even process the knowledge that was being thrown at me. I just stared at this girl who perfectly resembled him. She had his bright blue eyes. It's like someone cut out his and replaced hers with his. I didn't know how I didn't even realize how this girl was his practical twin.

"Nice jacket by the way." She smiled as she finished up wrapping tape around my foot. I pulled the jacket closer to me. "It's always been his favorite." She grabbed my hand to turn my arm over. "K-C." She ran fingers over two letters imbedded into the leather.

"What's K-C?" I looked up to meet her eyes.

"I'm Casey." She smiled. "Even when he hated me, he always had to have me close after I left." Pierce and his attachment to his biological family. "Well you should be all good now. I think I've shared enough information about my brother that I probably shouldn't have. But," she pulled me in for a hug, "it was nice to finally meet you. I'm always here if you ever need to rant about boys." She laughed. "Even if it is my brother."

A knock sounded at the door of the nurse's office before my, actually not my, blonde haired boy entered the room. "Charlee can we please talk?"

"I'm sorry Grayson but I think Charlee has a class she needs to get to."