Chapter Forty-Five

I was so stupid for slipping through Grayson's cracks. He repeatedly brought that stupid blonde girl around. But here I am forgiving him at any sight of a little attention. This is why I needed professional help to stop this cycle I keep repeating. I can't just keep running to someone who isn't good for me. Pierce isn't good for me, Grayson isn't good for me, this 'friend' group isn't good for me.

The rest of the day Grayson was the one following me around like a lost puppy dog. I guess my words in that nurse's office broke something inside of him. Or maybe I was just drowning in the waves swatting at strings of mere tails I was creating in my mind.

"Grayson can we skip last period?" I said as we stood outside of the classroom not wanting to enter. I didn't want to have to be sat next to the person that stole every part of me.

"I don't think that's a smart idea." He let a chuckle fall from his lips. "I've got a test and you love this class." I used to love this class knowing I'd be with him, but you don't know that.

"You can make the test up!" I tried to bargain but he wasn't budging. "Fine." I groaned.

"Oh don't be upset with me." He pushed his lips to my cheek. "Now hop your ass into that class so I can stare at it." I glared at him but followed his command.

As I looked up to my seat I felt my heart pounding in my head. There he sat right next to it with a smug smirk plastered on his face. I couldn't help but to laugh at myself for the situation I was put in. I had been dreading this period since we said our goodbye, our final goodbye.

"Sucks to be a fucking idiot doesn't it?" His voice spit from his mouth like fire trying to ignite the anger already simmering in me.

"Sucks to be hiding a sister from the entire school doesn't it?" I slammed my crutches to the ground dropping my ass to the seat next to him.

It was as if literal flames rose from his stomach to his eyes. He was engulfed with anger from my new learned knowledge. I could only laugh at how mad it made him. I could literally have his entire life crumbling with all the knowledge I had on him. His entire relationship ripped from his fingers, all his lies just dangled in front of him. The best part of it all, was that he had nothing on me to air out. I had already spewed out my dirty secrets. The only one I held was the secret of him. Which really was more his secret than mine.

"Have nothing to say to that one, do you? Scared I'll tell the world all you're hiding from them Hudson?" The new last name felt like bile leaving my mouth. Nothing about it was right. "I have ammunition at my fingertips Pierce. You should really learn how to treat a lady. I could have you literally destroyed in seconds."

"You wouldn't even begin to dare. You are infatuated with me." He thought his clever words had me won over. He was more than wrong with that.

Students began to fill the classroom. More than half the class had filled the room. I pulled myself up from my chair using the table in front of me. Clearing my throat before calling out to the class. I had everyone's attention directed right at me. His eyes shot bullets through me, trying to stop the words from flowing from my mouth.

His hand yanked me down to my chair with a thud, causing everyone's attention to drift back to what they were previously doing. A smirk played on my lips just as one had previously on his.

"Test me again and see what happens." I crossed my arms against my chest focusing my attention to the front of the classroom.

Just moments before the bell rang my backpack was dropped on the table in front of me by Reece. He had completely missed the entire show that Pierce pushed me into.

When I opened my notebook I was faced with the reality that Pierce was right, I was infatuated with him. His handwriting lining almost every page of the notebook. I found myself running my fingers over the words left behind by him. The thing with Pierce when he took notes for me, was that he'd leave reminders for me to smile, to be happy, that everything was going to be okay. That way when I'd go to learn the actual stuff that I had missed, I'd have a smile on my face. But the Pierce that did that was not the same Pierce that was sat next to me. Like Casey said, he like me, hurt to forget. I guess therapy wasn't helping him as much as he thought.