Chapter Sixty

"Welcome to the annual talent show! My name is Pierce, most of you know that already, I don't really know why I'm introducing myself. They really should have picked someone better to be up here." A laugh escaped from the crowd as my boy made a fool of himself in front of the packed auditorium, but this speech was planned.

"That's why they had me join you." Reece exited from behind the curtains. This was so corny, but I wouldn't expect anything else from the two of them.

"You're right Reece, I don't know what I'd do without you." Pierce laughed.

"You sure wouldn't make it through today." My brother joked back at my boy. A smile slipped its way to my lips as I watched the two of them.

"Anyways, enough about our friendship it's time to introduce our first act of the day." Pierce said looking over at my brother to finish the introduction as the curtains behind them began to open. 

Lost in their speech I hadn't realized that Ally and Harlow had disappeared from next to us. As I looked at the stage I saw their faces appear from behind the red curtain. Ally of course standing front and center with a smile wide as she watched her boyfriend walk off the stage. Nothing could tear that girl apart, well nothing but me.

The cheerleaders did their routine. A routine that I could have probably performed myself I've seen it that many times. I mouthed the words along to the chants and cheers as the crowd joined them. It seemed like everyone but me yelled the words out loud.

The curtains closed as the twenty or so girls ran off the stage waving their pompoms in the air ending their performance. Next, was some incredible singer that honestly I didn't know someone so talented existed at our school. I literally had goosebumps raised up on my skin after the first note left her mouth.

She was followed by some Pre-K class who did some child song that everyone in this school seemed to know but me. Must have been some school song of sorts. I couldn't really tell you, I got lost thinking of my baby brother and sister that all these little children reminded me of. Speaking of which, Luca and Lucy should be here. I sat up raising my head from Grayson's body causing him to look at me.

I looked around but there were way too many people around to find their faces in the crowd, so I returned to my original position. I did wonder though, if they thought about Ryatt and Ryder too when they saw the little kids.

Hours passed of different performances, some funny, some incredible, some just plain boring, but each one keeping the attention of someone in that audience. My stomach began to growl which meant lunch was coming soon, and I honestly had no idea how that would even work with so many people. Our cafeteria barely fit our grade let alone all three schools.

"Hungry?" Grayson said as my stomach rumbled in the silence of the auditorium. I nodded my head. "Alright not much longer okay?" I just nodded again not saying a word.

Pierce came to the stage announcing an intermission. Each section of the auditorium leaving as they were called to do so. They were told to get food to bring back into the auditorium. So that's how that works.

"Do you want me to just bring you back food or do you want to get up and get it?" Grayson said knowing all too well I didn't want to leave my spot.

"Can you just bring me something back?"

"Of course." He kissed the top of my head and stepped around the front of me, leaving me by myself.

"Charlee, Charlee!" I heard two children voices call behind me. I dropped my legs to the floor escaping the cocoon I had created for myself.

I stood up and pulled my twin siblings into my arms. "I was looking for you guys earlier. There's just too many people here." I smiled at them. "Do you guys like it so far?"

"Yes!" They said in twin fashion.

"Does your teacher know you're up here?" I questioned them as I scanned the auditorium to see if I could find the teacher I had met once since they arrived. They nodded their heads in unison. "Good. How did you know I was up here?"

"Grayson." Lucy said with blush rising to her cheeks. She had the biggest crush on Grayson. The biggest crush I've ever witnessed before, from her at least.

Grayson always knew what I needed and when I needed it. Unless it was Pierce, that shell he never figured out how to break. Or he did he just tried to ignore it after I constantly denied it to him.

I sat and talked with my siblings until Grayson returned with food for me. I kindly thanked him for both, the food and finding my siblings for me without me having to ask. With Grayson's return the twins returned back to their class.

I guess I was hungrier than I thought because within minutes the food was all gone and I was stealing food from Grayson. "Oh don't worry, I'm not hungry either." He joked as I slid a chip of his into my mouth.

"Oops." I said crunching the chip between my teeth. Blush flushed to my cheeks as I tucked my arms back into my sleeves to make sure I wouldn't take any more of his food.

"Charlee you can have more, I'm just kidding." He said pushing his bag of chips in my direction.

I shook my head. "I'm full." I wasn't, but I really didn't need to eat all his food too.