{Chapter 11}

Indigo POV~
I wish I could've woken up today like any other Saturday. Sun peeking through the window, going downstairs to greet my mom and dad before they went on their usual errands, maybe eating a good fulfilling breakfast like bacon and eggs or pancakes.

But not today.

Today it was gloomy outside, leftover from the rain, the covers were pulled tightly over my head, and I didn't want to leave this soft mattress. I couldn't help but remember everything. Almost willingly letting the thoughts flood back because they were bound to anyway.

I wasn't usually like this, I didn't want to be. But, it felt like everybody wanted me to stay away, so I would be doing that today. I snuggled even further into the bed, squeezing the fluff out of my stuffed bunny. Her name was Delilah and I think she wanted to be with me today. Zeus has run off downstairs, for once ready to start the day before I was.

I heard the faint squeak of my door. I peered my eyes over the blanket.

"Hey sweetie, why aren't you up yet? Are you okay?" I heard the voice of my mom.

My lip started quivering. I hated talking when I'm sad.

"Yes, mommy. I'm okay, just tired. Tell daddy that I love him, will you?" I asked.

She sounded worried. "I will. Did you have fun last night with your friend. Renna, is her name?"

"Yep! So much fun. I'm glad I went." I lied.

"Well that's great, Indie. I made some oatmeal, I'll set it here for you," I heard a bowl being place on my desk. "Dad and I are just going to the market. You'll be fine here alone, right?" She asked.

Would I be fine alone? Left with even more space around me filled with nothing but silence? I nodded my head.

As she was walking away she said, "Make sure you get up some time, okay? Don't waste the sunlight. Getting ready can make you feel so much better. Love you." She left.

I stared at the door after she had gone. Of course she had seen right through me.

She was right though. I had to make the best of this day and get ready. It's what I do. No sense in dwelling on something that's definitely over now.

I ate my oatmeal in silence. Then got dressed in something that I really liked, because I believed that cute clothes can make you a lot happier about things. I guess it kind of worked.

I stepped in the bathroom and began brushing my teeth

I stepped in the bathroom and began brushing my teeth. I lost track of time as I was staring in the mirror.

He told me to stay away. He shouted and he was so angry with me. He probably hated me. No doubt he didn't want to see me anymore. It felt so right to talk to him, though. He seemed like he wanted to be my friend, but what do I know about that? Nothing.

The wetness on my cheek brought me back into now. No, I didn't want to cry anymore! Surely, I had emptied my body of tears last night.

I finished up with a quick low pony tail and splashed some water on my face. I went downstairs and turned on the TV. Zeus sat with me. I had already missed The Price is Right, so now I was left with Family Feud. It made me laugh a little, which felt good.

The sound of the door bell rang through the house. I jumped in surprise. Nobody ever came when I was home alone. I turned the television off and slowly walked toward the door. It was a bit hard to reach the peep hole, but when I stood on my very tippy toes, I saw a boy.

Everett.

Why was he here? He told me to stay away and now he came? I was better at listening than he was it seemed. Did he only come to drive his point even deeper, if so I didn't want to hear it. I got the message loud and clear already.

I opened the door slowly.

He smiled that sweet smile like he always did. It warmed my heart, and at the same time reminded me of last night even more.

"Hi, Blue" he said softly.

I felt like crying. This was probably the last time I would ever hear that in my life.

"Hi, Everett. Why are you here? It's a little hypocritical isn't it?" I asked him.

He chuckled. "Yeah, I guess it is. I want to talk to you about what I said and everything. I was a mess and you didn't deserve any of it." He looked down at his shoes.

I opened the door wider and gestured for him to come in. He stepped inside and we went right to the couch. I made sure to sit near the end away from him, like he wanted.

He furrowed his eyebrows as soon as we sat down.

"Why are you sitting so... far?" He asked. He sounded as sad as I felt.

"That's what you want, isn't it? For me to stay away? I'm sure we can talk from here." I shrugged my shoulders.

He scooted all the way until he was right next to me and looked up at me.

"No Blue, not at all. Not even a little bit."

"But that's what you said."

"I was angry and confused last night. I thought way too much about everything then brought it out on you. I didn't mean any of it, I swear. I like you so much you don't even understand. And I'm sorry."

"Those things you said really hurt my feelings, Everett. You could've talked it out with me. I'm not here for nothing, you know?" I said.

He shook his head in disbelief. "I know they did, Blue. I promise to communicate more in the future. I don't deserve you, I'm a horrible person and there's other things about me that you're bound to hate, so I tried to push you away, but I can't. I don't want to anymore." He grabbed my hand and began to rub circles with his thumb.

"I like everything about you. I could never hate any part of you, I promise. Just don't push me away anymore, please. Swear it!" I held out my pinky.

He wrapped his own around mine. "I swear!" He said.

"Forgive me, Blue?"

"Of course." I answered.

We had ended up watching TV with my head in in his lap while he stroked my hair. It was so natural being here with him.

He leaned down and whispered in my ear, "Did I tell you that you look adorable today?"

I giggled because it tickled.

________________________________
I want to say thank you to the people who vote, even having 3 votes means so much to me. Also, 300 reads! That's amazing.
I hope you enjoyed this chapter; I loved writing it! Until next time<3✨