❦ Chapter Twelve ❦

*Disclaimer; I do not own Teen Wolf*

❦ Chapter Twelve ❦

Opal 

The plan was to take Lydia to Scott's house until he could join us, and we were to protect Lydia in any way we could. Jackson joined us not only to help us but because he apparently needed to talk to her in private as well. What other way to talk to someone in private when we were about to be attacked by a pack of teenage werewolves?

"If we're doing a study group why don't we just study in the library?" Lydia asked shrugging off Stiles' grip on her.

"Because we're meeting up with somebody else," Stiles answered patting her on the shoulder. The five of us stride down the main hall of the high school, making our way to Stiles' jeep.

"Why don't they just meet us in the library?" Lydia smartly shot back with a smug expression on her face. Nothing gets past Lydia Martin.

"Oh, that would've been a great idea! Too late." I grinned wrapping my arm around her shoulders.

Lydia's eyebrows furrowed. "Okay, hold on-"

"Lydia shut up and walk." Jackson cut in pushing us forward. I stumbled for a moment before catching my step.

"Dick," I muttered quietly.

The drive to Scott's house was quick but very squashed. That jeep may be beautiful but it was not built to fit five bloody people. And if it was, those people would have to be oompa loompa's.

"If we're studying at Scott's house then where is Scott?" Lydia asked me as we all walked up  the front steps.

"Meeting us here." I responded. "I think."

"I hope." Stiles added unlocking the front door with a key.

I raised one eyebrow expertly. "Why do you have a key to Scott's house?"

"I had one made." He answered stepping inside.

"That scares me." I whispered to Lydia ushering her inside as well. Stiles closes the door behind us once we're all in and began to lock the door in any possible way he could. I mentally face-palmed. I honestly didn't think a few door locks would keep a werewolf out.

Stiles looked out of the window briefly before turning back to look at us, pausing when he noticed Lydia staring at him strangely. "Uh- there's been a few break-in's around the neighborhood." He said licking his lips. Lydia rolled her eyes and looked away.

"Very convincing," I mouthed to Stiles. His eyes flickered to me and to a chair beside me. He picked it up and brought it over to the front door, jamming it under the doorknob. Stiles caught Lydia staring at him again and wracked his brain to come up with something. "There was also a murder," I said to her. "I heard Mr Stilinski talking about it this morning. It was hella bad."

Lydia didn't seem to believe a word that came out of either of our mouths. It wasn't surprising as she was one of the smartest people I knew. I made eye contact with Jackson, motioning him to take Lydia upstairs with my eyes.

"Lydia follow me." He said. Jackson led her upstairs. I mentally wondered what they were going to talk about.

I turned to Stiles and Allison as soon as I heard a door close. "I don't understand. Why can't Derek just give us the benefit of the doubt and believe us when we say it's not her? There is always the possibility that she's immune."

Allison rolled her eyes at my theory. "It's because we don't know if it's even possible to be immune. We don't know anyone else who has been touched by the Kanima venom and has not been paralyzed from the neck down."