Chapter 55 - The Meeting

For the past week, I have been working on two things: the Yakuza case and Shinso. Since the Yakuza case is a whole show, I'm going to give you one of those little movies before the actual movie starts. You know, we need some cutesy shit before we destroy standards.

Take the stage, Shinso!

---

With Shinso's training with Shouta slowing down due to the rise of villains, I took over half the training sessions to teach him tactical shit. Shouta has only been teaching the boy how to fight, train, and sneak around quietly, and while that is great, you need some brains to back that up. That's where I come in!

Did I get permission to make Shinso a student of mine? Fuck no, but I did it anyway! When he joins class 1-A, he is going to dominate them!

Oh yeah, Shinso is coming into the hero course! The reason we didn't let him after the Sports Festival is that we want him to have some training. At the time, physically, he wasn't the strongest, and he only focused on his quirk. Now, he has an array of skills.

Let me give you the low-down on Shinso.

Currently, Shouta has been teaching Shinso on how to use his capture weapon like the dad he is. Despite how much shit I talk about the damn thing, I am not going to downplay the fact that it's a fantastic tool and weapon. I give props to Shouta for being able to develop something like it. However, I am going to say it's probably one of, if not the, hardest tools to control. It takes creativity. I can name so many uses at the top of my head, from mobility to trapping to snapping people's necks! Then, you have gravity being a bitch while you learn how to use it. I have some experience with it as I wanted to experiment with it, but it's nowhere near Shouta's level.

It's ridiculous how many times I got stuck in a tree with that sucker! I feel sorry for Shinso because he has gotten stuck more times than I can remember.

Shinso can use the capture weapon, but it needs some work. His reaction time is too slow for my liking, but it works for now. In addition, his hand-to-hand combat is getting better every day. Shinso can definitely face some of the members of class 1-A.

However, as I stated earlier, I wanted to work on everything but what Shouta has taught Shinso. For example, I taught him to use a knife as the scarf does require a knife sometimes, so you might as well know how to stab a bitch. I also showed him any techniques I know like chi-blocking to Stain's ability to picking a lock. Unfornitually, it seems he is unable to use Stain's talent, but at least he can paralyze!

In addition, Shinso has been working on how to use his artificial vocal cords Mei and I built. It's a mask that goes over his mouth that isn't electronic, but it allows him to disguise his voice. It's a great way of tricking somebody that you are somebody else, and then he can control them! With how he is, there's a lot I can do with Shinso hero-wise.

Today is training with him as I am tired of being cooped up in my apartment over that damn case.

However, it's going to be different.

I walk into the gym to see Shinso waiting like he is supposed to be. As I enter, he looks toward me and pales. That probably has to do with the enormous wooden box I'm carrying in. When I am close enough, I drop it on the ground because DAMN, THIS BITCH IS HEAVY!

"Um, Izuku, what is that?" Shinso asks as he looks at it. I pull out a neatly folded piece of paper from my pocket and hand it over with a grin.

"Alright, so here's the tea, bro: this is a puzzle box. You're going to solve this puzzle box unless you want to never leave again. It sharpens your thinking skills because, as an underground hero, you are kind of a detective as well. Not like me, but you can still be involved and figure shit out. I will get ahold of a puzzle once a week, and you have to solve it. I don't care if the League of Villains is about to take you or if you are getting a girlfriend: you are going to solve this first. Understood?" I explain to him as I start walking to the exit.