9|Kaidou confronts his Mom

Continued...

Saiki P.O.V.

"What?" Kaidou's mom looked shocked as she stared at Nendou and turned to me, with hope in her eyes.

"And you?"

'I haven't really given it much thought...besides, I'm more interested in this coffee je-'

I was interrupted as she slammed her hands on the table and said rather rapidly, "I can't believe how carefree you boys are. College prep is the most important time of your young adult lives and you can't even think of which college you want to go to?! My son goes to cram school 3 days a week and he studies an extra three hours at home! Please tell me you at least study before and after all your regular afterschool classes!?"

Nendou and I remained completely silent. Me because I didn't need to study and Nendou because he's an idiot that doesn't even know what cram school is.

She dragged Kaidou out and left about 37 books for us to complete in less than 10 minutes. I sighed and looked at (Y/N) to see her enjoying her tea, sending the door pitiful looks.

'Wow, my mom's practically the same but, she shouldn't limit the friends Kaidou can have. It's his decision after all. Maybe it's her motherly instinct? No, I'm in no place to tell her how to treat her son...but, I am his friend, right? Saiki and Nendou are his closest friends, besides me, and I'm a girl so...'

Heaving a sigh, (Y/N) stands up to pick up her plate and cup, and says she'd be right back.
Who knew she had such a small experience with friends.

Well, she had the lifestyle I wanted, but her thoughts made me think otherwise.

'Of course, normal people go through stress and anxiety too, but if Kaidou's mom forbids him from seeing me, that'd do me a great favor.'

Glancing at the door I loathed the feeling building up inside me. 'Or would it?'

(Y/N) P.O.V.

Walking down the stairs and through the hallway towards the kitchen, I gently place the delicate teacup and plate into the sink as I contemplate my life's choices.

I could hear Kaidou talk back to his mom from upstairs, and gave a small smile, wondering if it'd be worth to destroy part of my wall to allow Kaidou in.

Slowly walking back up I heard footsteps coming my way and braced myself for who was to come. It was Kaidou, and he was running down the long hallway, his eyes showing fear and guilt.

"Kaidou?" I said, grabbing onto his shoulder to prevent him from running.

'Oh look at that, I'm touching his shoulder. My mom will definitely wash my hand with disinfectant if she finds out. Not like I'm going to tell her anyway...'

I smiled at my rebellious actions and looked down to see Kaidou staring at me.

I step back in surprise and with a worried expression, I asked, "Are you okay?"

"I-uh..." he dropped his shoulders before saying, "my mom doesn't want me to hang out with people like Saiki and Nendou."

'People like Saiki and Nendou?'

"I'm sure you can convince her to think otherwise?" I say, sounding more like I had questioned him rather than trying to help.
Shaking my head in disapproval, I say, "No, I'm positive, you can show her that they truly mean something to you and that they're people you know are worth having as friends, right?." This time I nod my head in approval and look at him, not really expecting an answer, but hoping I helped a bit.

He seemed somewhat moved at my poor excuse of motivation before thinking he's supposed to act like a man and straightens his back, clearing his throat, and saying, "I mean, yeah, it's not her choice to decide, so I'll just go tell her right now that uhh, I'll stay friends with them?" he starts mumbling as he heads towards his room and carefully opens the door.

"Listen, mama, I know what you said and all but-" he stops as his eyes land on his mom, fussing over Nendou and offering Saiki another coffee jelly. As she looks up she says, "Shun, why didn't you tell me you had such wonderful friends!"

"Eh?"

I look through the door and say, "Well, what do you know, seems like you didn't have to worry after all!"

I smile as Kaidou stares at me questioningly, the sound of a coin dropping echoing through the room as Nendou achieves an achievement on the game console he was playing.

Achievement unlocked:
Confidence.

Smiling at the screen, I turn to look at what seemed like a tomato, only to find out it was Kaidou freaking out at the notebook his mother was going through.

"Schemes of the Dark Reunion? What's that?"

And our visit ended with Kaidou wanting a hole to swallow him up as he gave an unholy scream, now dying in embarrassment infront of Saiki, Nendou, his mom, and me.

I raised my hands to my ears and heaved a sigh, praying to the gods for Kaidou as Saiki snuck another coffee jelly out of the tray. Nendou accidentally unplugged the cheap game console, tripping on it and spilling his tea on Kaidou's bed.

Once again, I contemplate what the gods have in store for me, and mumble, "Oh well, life ain't easy people."