twenty two.

22

THE RIGHT ARM

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

"Drop it."

Just from the voice alone, it was obvious that there was a woman, around their age, standing less than two feet away from them. Holding a gun she guessed. Rosa felt stupid for not noticing their arrival sooner than she did.

"Now!"

Rosa gulped before placing the explosive on the concrete, she glanced to Jorge to see him still holding the detonator in his hands stubbornly and defensively.

"I said drop it!"

Rosa finally turned her head, wanting to see who was behind her. She was surprised to see two girls and not one, but then again, there was safety in numbers. Both held large guns, hunting rifles by the look of them and both were pointed at the three that crouched on the floor defenselessly. One had white hair with an ever so slight strawberry-blonde tint whereas the other had long dreadlocks that fall a little past her shoulders, both covered their noses and mouths with scarves which could either be used to hide their identity or keep the sand out of their faces.

"On your feet. Let's go," the taller one asked, her black hair falling behind her as she nodded her head. Thomas, Rosa and Jorge carefully stood up, their hands up to show that they were no threat, "Let's go! Move! Back up!"

The trio backed up cautiously, "Easy!" Jorge muttered.

"You two!" The same girl directed to Newt and Minho, "Over here. Now!"

"Come on, let's go!" the other one spoke up for the first time, her rifle getting too close to Rosa's face for comfort.

"Don't be stupid!" the taller one threatened, noticing the look that Rosa's sent at the blonde, "Move!"

Slowly, the two girls rounded up the group. They all crowded around in a tight huddle before the brunette assailant lowered her gun after glaring at Aris several different times, "Aris?" she asked, her voice lowering from its shout and into a sincere tone.

The brunette pulled her mask down, "Oh, my God! Harriet?" he asked, pushing through Brenda and Teresa.

"My God!" she pushed forward and flung her rifle onto her back, "What the hell are you doing here?"

She pulled the small boy into a tight hug, the blonde behind them pulled down her own mask and stared in disbelief, she too pulled him into an embrace, "Aris, you are lucky we didn't shoot your dumb ass."

"Sonya," he laughed, "How..?"

"Uhh, what's happening?" Minho asked.

Aris turned to the Gladers behind him, "We were in the Maze together," he informed before turning back to the girls with shock still over his face.

Rosa turned with shock also over her features as Harriet whistled loudly into the mountains, "We're clear guys! Come on out!" she shouted upwards, followed by various shouts and echoes of voices. It was only then visible to Rosa how many people they had been surrounded by, all with guns.

"Back it up, Joe," Sonya instructed as the group followed her and Harriet, both Group B members, through a tunnel. On the other side, it was visible that they had found the entrance to the outpost, various military vehicles could be seen, surrounded by men and women carrying their own guns.

"We're taking them to base," the man, Joe, was told by Harriet, who still had her smile on her face from finding Aris.

Rosa too had a small smirk on her lips. She had found it. Her hand went to her pocket to check that the newspaper clipping was still there, she had a feeling that she would be needing this very soon. "Wait, so, how did you guys get here?" Aris asked his two friends.