Chapter 31

Emilia Ellis

"What are you afraid of?" He asked.

"What?" I asked. Is he seriously going to give me a talk about this,now? I don't want to talk about it.

"You know he likes you? Well, that's what I have noticed." He said as he looked at me. "No matter who he is talking to, his eyes is always on you. Watching you. At the beginning, I found it creepy.. I get it. He likes you and wants to be close with you all the time. He may not use his words, but all of us can see it. He's super nice to you. He does everything, you ask him to and sometime when you don't ask- he still do it for you.

That's why I agreed to be nicer to him, he's trying and maybe David and I was wrong about him in the beginning. Not all tabloids and news are true about him. What are you afraid of?"

It's true, he said that he liked me last Friday.. but maybe as a friend and after that he ignored me or ghosted me.

I was afraid of rejection. Afraid that I was not good enough for him. He's handsome, smart, educated, good career, rich and a very kind person. Everyone seems to kiss the ground he walks in and who am I? An awkward woman who have a very difficult time keeping up with conversations and showing emotions. Like staying indoor, secretly love comics and pretty much work all the time. I'm not even that beautiful compared to his exes, that I have saw on the Internet. It was a really bad idea, searching about him online.

"You just have to be honest with yourself and with your feelings."

"Yes, I know." I said to him. Just then my phone rang and it was an unknown number. I get very suspicious with unknown numbers, but last time it Chase. I picked up the call and it so happened to be-Cody.. no idea how he got hold of my number.

"Apologies again, young lady." He started. "Another favour if you can grant to your humble friend."

"Does it have to do with Chase again?" I looked at Daniel who was trying hard not to listen by playing with Buttercup, but failing miserably.

"I'm out of town and I got news that my friend, once again is drinking his crazy a*s in our bar and is being a nuisance to some people. Can you please do something about it?"

"I would have love to.." I started.

"Thank you." He said.

"But, I doubt this time will be helpful." He and I are in a not-so-good terms.

"Please." He said. "I asked the security to remove him from the premises, but he's giving them a sh*t time. Apologies for cussing." He took a deep breath. "It's difficult to remove him when I'm not there because he's their boss as well."

"Don't he have other friends or someone else?" I asked.

"Most of them are douchebag and not our friends. More Like acquaintances, who will grab this opportunity to taint his already tainted reputation. I trust you with him and I know you won't do any harm. Pretty please."

I sighed and looked at David. "Okay, I'll be there, soon."

I stood up and ended the call. "I have to rush. I have to change my outfit."

"Where are you going?" He asked.

"Chase needs a little help."

"Where is he?"

"In a club." I said.

He took a sharp breath. "I'll come with you."