25🔥"You knew me"

"Nice of you to join me in my office this time, isn't the change of setting refreshing?" Malchin remarked as he leaned back in his chair, aiming a slight smirk at the glaring Akida.

She scoffed, taking a seat and folding her arms over her chest, "No, now what do you want? If you haven't noticed, I have an academy to run-"

"And I have a country to run yet I make time to show up when you call for me-"

"I do in advance," Yang interrupted, a half smile showing on her face when she saw Malchin scowl, "so, what do you want?"

MalChin hummed, sitting up in his seat, "Your new student, Hayoon."

"What about her?"

"You can't sit here and tell me you don't feel suspicious when it comes to her-"

"Yet that is exactly what I am doing," Akida pointed out, causing Malchin to roll his eyes. "What even makes you suspicious of her?"

"For one she's coming at a weird time, how come she decided to join the academy around the same time the attacks started? Can you explain that to me, Akida?" Malchin inquired, falsely believing Akida didn't have an answer for him.

Alas, he should know Yang Akida has an answer for almost everything.

"She's from Lezana, Charama," Malchin's expression automatically faltered, "which we all know is notorious for hating elementals, of any kind. The attacks over there have become more violent, more frequent, and to keep her safe her mother sent her to the academy, gathered all the savings they had and sending her off. Of course I was suspicious when she came to the academy at the time she did, though I did my re-search and it adds up, I'm not stupid, Malchin." she finished explaining.

Malchin sighed, rubbing the front of his face. "How is everything?"

"The academy is doing well, the attacks-"

Malchin rolled his eyes, "I mean with you, Akida, not the academy."

Akida paused in her words, obvious surprise on her face, that was before she scoffed, "Don't pretend you care, Malchin, last time I checked you hate me-"

"Of course I do," Malchin now interrupted her, "I wish you were dead if i'm honest," Akida's expression faltered, "that doesn't mean I don't wonder how you are, you run a very big academy that holds many students, so i'm asking to make sure you're stable."

Akida and Malchin were together for over 20 years, the perfect couple, they were happy, very happy. They met at the academy, the wind elemental and blue fire wielding fire elemental. Malchin fell for Akida harder than he has ever fallen in his life, why wouldn't he? Akida's beautiful, she had a domineering aura and wasn't afraid to fight back. They met in one of their classes together.

Years later, Akida became Chancellor and Malchin became president, the perfect power couple.

Though, tragedy struck the couple quickly, their relationship dissipating like fog on a sunny day. No one ever figured out what exactly happened to them.

It was all because of one decision.

Akida hummed, "Very well then, I'm fine-"

"You're not," Malchin interrupted, "I know you, Akida."

"You knew me," she corrected, grabbing her jacket to leave.

When she did the long sleeve blouse she was wearing rose, revealing the patch of burned skin on Akida's arm.

Akida always, always, wore long sleeve no matter what, and concealer or a turtle neck.

Malchin stared at the wound, tears welling up in his eyes. He looked away before Akida could notice.

"I'll be on my way," she told him, not sparing him a glance as she walked out of the office.

Love dies hard, if at all.

<><><>

"He agreed?!" Songhee exclaimed, staring at Yoongi with gleaming eyes.

Songhee was truly one of the most beautiful souls.

Yoongi nodded with gummy smile, "We're going to figure it out, Hee. I'm terrified but excited, who knows what we could find out."

Songhee's expression turned to one of concern, "Be careful, Gi, you don't want to-"

"I know, the moment we feel like we're going to get hurt, we stop. He and I already agreed to it," Yoongi assured, taking Songhee's hands in his own, "i'm going to be careful, Hee, it's okay."

Songhee nodded, a smile forming on her face, "If you guys ever need help, i'm always here."

Yoongi mimicked her expression, "I know, I'm glad."

Songhee was the only person who knew of Hoseok and Yoongi's plans, since Yoongi trusted Songhee with his entire life if it ever came down to it. Songhee's loyalty was impeccable, she never uttered a word of what others told her, and she was amazing at keeping secrets for people she loved.

If anything, it was her specialty.

"My only piece of advice is to warn me when you're going to do something really risky, I don't want something to happen and nobody knows. Also, do the re-search right and start with really small touches, I don't want anything really bad happening," Songhee listed, the worry causing her forehead to crease.

Yoongi chuckled, rubbing one of his large hands across Songhee's forehead to sooth the creasing, "I know, Hee, I will, don't worry you'll get wrinkles."

Songhee giggled, Yoongi smiling with her.

"Am I interrupting something?" Hayoon inquired as she walked into the room, placing her bag on her bed.

Songhee smiled, shaking her head, "nope, we were just talking."

Yoongi nodded, standing up, "I was about to go anyway, how's the wound, Hayoon?"

Hayoon shrugged, lifting her shirt to show her side, "Good, I should be asking you that, how's-"

"I'm healing nicely," Yoongi responded, grabbing his jacket, "I'll see you later, Hee," he nodded his head towards Hayoon, who responded with a wave, before walking out.

It was a couple minutes after he left that Hayoon spoke, "You two are awfully close." she commented, Songhee catching the edge in her tone.

Songhee turned her head towards Hayoon, she was laying down on her bed staring at the ceiling before, "We go way back, he's like a brother to me."

Hayoon hummed, seating herself on her bed, "How'd you meet?"

"We grew up in the same place, parents were friends, the cliche stuff, you know?" Songhee replied as she sat up, sitting criss cross apple sauce, "Speaking of the past, you've never told me what your family is like."

Hayoon automatically froze at the word family.

a/n
Do any of you have siblings? I have 4.