𝓲𝓯𝓽𝓶 VIII

My eyes keep looking at Jed sleeping on the couch beside Finn. It's not like we're the closest of friends already, but my interactions with him becomes too much for my heart to bear already.

I felt Chesca's soft nudge on my waist.
She looked at me with a devilish smile.
"So when did you two started getting along, huh."

"Just happened."

"Just happened my ass, Lucy. If I know you're already planning your marriage on your mind."

I looked at her in disbelief.
"I'm not like that!"

"Yes, deny your shit." She flailed her hands as if teasing me to get to my nerves.

"What colors did you guys have?"

"Jeno, Luke and I were Red."
The bitch even had the audacity to wink at Jeno. Hello? Any respect for the single lady?

"I'm with Finn. Black." I replied, even receiving a high five from Hemmington.

In realization, my eyes drifted to Jed.

I heard he's in the Green team. I sighed, I lost the reason to talk to him more.

"Well, I'm excited. This is such a new experience." I rolled my eyes at Chesca and smirked. She's not happy certainly because it's a "new" experience, it's because she's with Jeno. Wow, how envious can I get?

"For me, I'm just looking forward to see you guys perform." Half truth. I'm there because of Jed. Duh?

"What a waste only Jed's not with us." Luke sighed. Yes, agreed.

The day passed like a blur. It's 4 AM in the morning and if you ask me why am I awake on this ungodly hour? Insert yawning emoji, well it's Summer Camp!

I learned that the busses to be used is also by team color and I cringed at the thought? Why? Why is the universe against me?

I sat at the row that is second to the last. I saw Hemmington sitting beside Jamell, a girl classmate. That flirtatious alien didn't even think of me, his friend.

The bus is pretty spacious, I guess it won't be full so I placed my backpack on the seat beside me, but before I even got to do so, someone in a black hoody took the seat. I almost hit him in rage.

There are also color coding on the outfits, and this guy, who I don't know just stole the comfort I wanted to have.

"Sorry, I can take another seat."
And then that moment, I knew, I fucked up.

"Jed?"

He shyly looked up at me and settled on the seat beside me. I'm in confusion, how? What? Why?

"Uh yeah."
He arranged the headband he was wearing and put his hood to cover his head.

"You.. you're in the green team."
I said, almost accusingly. But come on! I can't even believe if this is real!

"How'd you know?"
I should learn to shut up or he will find out how whipped I am for him. Damn.

"I.. I learned from Luke."

"Why the interest though?" He doesn't sound mean, just a casual question.

"You're diverting the topic. Why are you here?"
I said, in irony, I'm also trying to get out of the hot seat.

"I don't look good in green."
He said and put on his earphones then quietly looked in front. That's when I shut up.

An hour has passed, and no, this is not like those cheesy romantic love stories wherein the girl puts her head on his shoulder pretending to sleep because first of all, how the frick can I sleep if beside me is a god that is in the form of Jed? Secondly, I don't have the guts. Lastly, I'm afraid if I ever do fall asleep, my saliva will run free on his jacket. Yep. Lucy, a loser.

"Aaah." My eyes widened when I heard his soft groan, I clutched my sweatshirt and puffed my cheeks.

I felt his hands move towards his neck and rubbed it, "aw."

"Your neck hurts?"
I was quick to search for my neck pillow on my bag.

"I'm not comfortable with neck pillows." He said, a little childish.

"What should I do?"
I'm in panic. You know the feeling of wanting to give someone whatever he wants? That's me right now.

"I'll just. Uh. Sleep." End of conversation, next thing I know his eyes are already closed, his pinkish lips slightly parted apart, but what gives it away is his uneven breathing.

My eyebrows furrowed, is he asleep? But his breathing didn't change.
Anyway, my mind pushed the thought of him fake sleeping.

Just as I thought this isn't a chick flick movie with the cheesy-ass shoulder pillow things... I felt his head lightly tugged my neck. I didn't know how to act. I kept myself composed and didn't move. I'm afraid he felt my shoulders going up and down.

I thought that's it. Insert DJ Khaled's "another one." He snuggled closer to my neck, I gasped quietly. What the fuck are you doing Jed?

What's up with Jed, seriously?!

I fished my compact mirror from my pockets and tried to see his reflection if he's really asleep.

He's smiling, and his eyes are slightly open.

I bit my lip, closed the compact mirror. They say it takes two to tango, and do I wanna lose? No. I can play too.

With a flushed cheeks and my last dignity left, I shut my eyes tightly and put my head above his head that is on my shoulder. This position is uncomfortable but in a sense that I don't want to leave this.

I'm not tough, I'm not brave. I'm too shy to do stuff like this so what am I doing? I heard him muttered a silent "what the fuck." and that, gave me a rush of confidence.