Chapter Six

DISCLAIMER: This chapter contains mentions of murder, violence, and gore.

"Miss Gardener, please explain to us, again, what exactly you saw."

Amy nodded, not daring to glance my way. There were three people in the room, interrogating everyone. Everyone as in Camilla, Amy, and Camilla's parents. Tiffany was not in the room, so Amy was the only person telling the story at that moment.

"Well, Tiffany and I were just walking out to my car to leave from drama rehearsal," Amy began, "and we were going to use the restroom before we left. When we entered the lobby, we heard a sink on, so we looked in the bathroom and saw Camilla. She was wearing white gloves that had blood on them and was holding a bloody knife."

"Was this blood completely covering the gloves and the weapon?" the officer in between the other two people asked.

"No," Amy replied, "but the blood was splattered higher up the gloves, not right on her hands. The same was true for the blade of the knife. Since she was at the sink, she must have been rinsing the blood off."

"What happened next?" the same officer asked. The man to his left looked concentrated as he glanced from Amy to Camilla as Amy spoke. He must have been a detective. The woman to the officer's right was recording the interrogation and occasionally writing information on a sheet of paper that looked like a police report.

"It took me a few seconds to fully process what was happening, and Camilla tried to hide the knife because she hadn't quite washed it off completely, but I soon figured out that she had definitely done something. I remembered that Amanda had left about two hours before, saying she was going to look for her phone."

"Did you overhear anything from Amanda before she went missing?"

"She didn't go missing," Amy snapped, but she quickly tried to recover. "Regardless, I do know that two boys have been messing with her lately. They're her friends and they prank her a lot, so I heard her when she guessed they were probably responsible for her phone being missing."

"What were their names?" the detective asked, suddenly sitting upright.

"Joe Goffman and Chris Mattis," Amy answered, looking confused by the detective's behavior.

The detective shot a look at the woman. She was frantically writing on a blank sheet of paper.

The detective turned back to Amy, continuing, "Do they often take her phone to 'mess with her?'"

"I'm not sure."

The detective turned to Camilla, asking, "Do you have any idea about those boys' pranks toward Amanda?"

Camilla shook her head as she expanded, "I don't, after all, Amanda and I are just acquaintances-"

"Were acquaintances," Amy corrected, finally looking the murderer's way. "You killed her, so not anymore you aren't!"

"Calm down, Miss Gardener," the officer ordered. "Miss Green, please continue."

"Okay...all I know is that I heard Amanda asking if anyone had seen her phone, and Tiffany remembered about Joe and Chris pranking her. She suggested that they probably hid it somewhere because apparently Joe and Chris came in around the time Amanda did and left pretty quickly."

"Is this what you witnessed as well, Miss Gardener?" the officer asked.

"Tiffany is my best friend, so I was behind her, charging my phone next to the wall. From what I heard, that is accurate."

"Then, Miss Banks left, you said?"

"Yes, she left quickly after Tiffany suggested that Joe and Chris could be responsible. After that, I saw Amanda leave."