Chapter 8

2 years ago, Lexi and I were driving around the city in the afternoon. We were talking about how we can earn and save money for our future. Then we saw this Cabin Cafe and decided to get some iced coffee, cause it was so hot and we were sweating so bad, even if the ac was on maximum. We got to the door and saw a sign that said 'hiring' and we immediately had an idea on how to earn money. The manager was also the owner and told us that we can only work on Wednesdays and Fridays. We hoped for everyday work, but I guess that's better than having no job at all. We got the job and Ms. Manuel soon treated us like her kids and we worked even harder to get a raise. That's also the reason why we're always the employee of the month.

I pressed my face on my palm as I waited for new customers to come in. I was on cashier duty while Lexi was our barista for today.

"Darling, fix yourself up so you'll look presentable," Ms. Manuel or Margaret (as she would like us to call her than Ms. Manuel) said, tapping my shoulder.

"I can't stand all day, Margaret. There are no new costumers," I complained, frowning.

"Its part of your job," she eyed me behind her round glasses. Margaret was in her fifties. No kids, nor a husband. That's why she treated us like her own kids and we treated her like our mom.

"Can I sit for awhile? I promise I'll stand up when there are costumers!" I pleaded.

She didn't reply and just took a chair in the employee's room and placed it behind me.

I grinned and hugged her. "Yay! Thanks, Marge!"

"If only I don't treat you and Lexi there like my own kids, I'd probably fire you both," she chuckled.

She really does love us.

"Love you, Marge!" I exclaimed.

"Dude, move your butt and let me sit too," Lexi spoke, pushing me so she could also sit.

"Today is a boring day I must say," I admitted, resting my head on her shoulder while she did the same on my head.

"I agree. We have like-" she counted all the people inside. "-6 people here. We usually get around 20 people at this time,"

I nodded. "People might be busy right now,"

The cafe was a bit empty. We usually have a lot of people here, and today it seemed like we won't be getting much. The lack of people and noise made me sleepy, plus the cold temperature was very comfortable to the point that it got us too lazy to move.

Moments passed by, then a group of girls chatting outside got our attention. Thinking that we're having new people, we got into our positions. I fixed my apron and stood behind the cashier, ready to welcome the girls.

As soon as they got in, we recognized them immediately. Kayla was the first one to got in, then the girls, and last was Lucy. She was behind them all like a leader should do. They're like a wolf pack, Lucy being the alpha and being left behind to look out for everyone.

Before Kayla could order, I was pushed aside so harshly that I almost fell on the ground. I sent a glare at Lexi who's staring dreamily at Kayla. I nudged her with my body and she almost lost her balance, but she got a hold onto something. I grasped on the table firmly as she tried to push me again.

"Lexi! I'm in charge here!" I grunted, trying to remove her hands off the cashier, but she didn't budge.

"My girlfriend is there, so not anymore!"

"I was put in this position, not you!" She pushed me so hard that I am now on the ground.

"Look at that then. Guess I'm in charge here now," she grinned evilly. "Hey, baby! What your order would be for today?"