Chapter 13

“We need to talk.” Evelynn murmured as she laid on top of Akali’s bed and her amber eyes gazed at the female who was attempting to study.

The former street rapper took her only earbud out of her ear. 

“About?” Akali asked with a slight gulp while turning in her chair to face Evelynn.

“There’s a family ball coming up. I’d like for you to come with me.”

“Huh?” Akali blinked, sheepishly. She apparently had not connected the dots as to what those phone calls between her and her mother was really about. 

Sighing softly, Evelynn shook her head before sitting up in the bed.

“I refuse to bring a rich snob, Plus if it’s you there I’ll be able to keep some sanity.”

Akali chuckled nervously before closing her textbook. 

“This is what you’ve been so worried about?” She asked while standing up.

“Well yes, But they expect me to smile for those damn camera’s and do as I'm told when I'm not even theirs anymore.” She said with distaste before Akali had climbed on top of her lap, pushing her back to the bed and curling up next to her.

“Baka, Why didn’t you just tell me that? I could have been there to calm you down if it was this nerve wracking.”

“N-Nerve wracking?” She chuckled nervously.

“After any phone call with her you look completely drained of energy, I know when you stay up at night thinking about stuff, You’ve become shaky even.”

“Tch, Rogue that’s not the poi-” Before she could finish, Akali grabbed Evelynn by her collar and pulled her into a quick kiss.

“Tell me when I get to give payback to your mother.” She said with a glint in her eyes, Her expression as dark as the night sky without stars.

“Woah now, I simply need you there so I don’t go with anyone else.” 

Kissing didn’t even phase them anymore, It felt natural.

She let out a pout.

“After all she’s done to you, Don’t you think she deserves to be punished?” Akali’s nails dug into Evelynn’s shoulder blades as she winced.

“It’s fine, What we have to worry about right now is getting you a dress today.”

Akali scoffed, letting go and crossing her arms.

“Since when does the great A honor roll student Evelynn skip class?”

Evelynn laughed before flicking her nose gently.

“When family matters sadly arise.” The Vixen murmured before yawning.

Both stared at each other before giggling.

“We both know you don’t give a damn about your disgusting family.” Akali said with a laugh.

“Who knows, Maybe one day we can just see the world together, Free from them and any terrible past connections.” She murmured.

That last sentence had caught Evelynn off guard, As much as that sounded like a dream come true. It would be hard to ever obtain that dream. In the depths of her heart, She wanted nothing more than that.

Chuckling softly as they both left the dorm room, Evelynn then gave a large grin.

“Us?” She asked, putting a hand next to Akali and practically pinning her to the wall.