28

1 week later

"El I am so glad you were able to join the Resistance for that amazing win, you guys really saved the galaxy." My mom said, talking to Poe and I via hologram. "So actually we called because we wanted to tell you that since everything has started to calm down on base, we were going to go visit Yavin IV, we're tomorrow morning." I tell her, and a wide smile overtook her features.

"Oh that's so exciting, Kes will be so happy to see you Poe!" Poe nods at her, trying to hide his nerves. He hasn't seen his father in 10 years and they didn't leave on good terms. 

"I wanted to ask if you wanted to come visit us while we are there, I would love to see our old home and you of course." I ask her and she goes off screen for a little. "Oh of course, I will. But I will meet you there the day after next, I'll let you get settled in before you face my wrath of terror." She says with a wink and I laugh.

"It was nice talking to you your majesty, but we gotta go back. Base is throwing a party to celebrate everything." Poe says, using the name that he knows pisses her off, it was worrisome how much my mom loved Poe.

"Well okay you two, have fun. Not too much fun though, I am too youthful to be a grandma." She jokingly says, and with our goodbyes we hang up and Poe immediately bursts into laughter. 

"She's going to explode when we tell her, Elise." Poe says, still laughing and I bury my head in my hands. "She's going to be so embarrassing." and Poe nods as he starts getting dressed for the party. 

"How much you want to bet she asks what position we did it in." He says still laughing, and I just fall back into our bed, groaning in dread.

----

Poe looked insanely attractive in his black slacks and button up grey shirt that wasn't buttoned up all the way, he was currently having a drink with Finn with some of the other guy pilots and I couldn't help but watch him as I took sip of my water.

"Oh you're so boring Elise, you look like a lovesick puppy." Jess says across from me at our high table, Rey and Connix nodding. "Rey you're supposed to me on my side." I say as a loud whisper, causing everyone to laugh.

"Why are you and flyboy leaving anyway?" Connix asks, taking a sip of her alcohol, and Jess gives me a knowing look but hides it by sipping her drink.

"I wanted to tell you once we had more reliable tests." I say with Rey and Connix looking at me confused. "I'm pregnant" I say quietly and Connix screams pulls me into a hug, "Connix shut up I don't want others to know yet." I say and pull away, hugging Rey too. 

"That's amazing!" Rey says, "You know, all I can say is that we called it. When you were getting sick. It's girl instinct." Connix said, tapping the temple of her head. 

"I know, I know. Anyway, Doc is taking us to Yavin because that's where he has all the materials for pregnancy health. We'll probably stay there until I give birth." I say with a smile, everything seems so surreal. "The hardest part of this all is the fact that Poe has to leave BB-8 behind." I say and the girls laugh, "Beebee will always be Poe's first kid." Jess says and I nod, laughing. 

The base is filled with tables for us all to sit at and Maz is standing behind the bar, claiming to make the best drinks in the galaxy. Everyone is dressed in their best outfit, even C3PO looks freshly polished and is sporting a black bowtie. 

We all are stopped in our conversations when we see Poe stand on one of the chairs and claps his hands. "Sorry to interrupt your drinking, thank you Maz for hooking us all up. I just wanted to tell you all how insanely proud I am of all of us, we stuck together through thick and thin. I hope we are able to spend tonight drinking in honor of all of our lost friends and family, sharing funny stories and reminiscent stories of them all. I am honored to have been with you all, I am sure a few of you know but I will be leaving for Yavin IV, leaving Finn to be the big boss here. I know he will be great so I don't need to go on, let's dance!" He finishes and jumps off his chair, upbeat music playing. 

He puts his hand out for me and bows when he comes over to where us girls were standing, "May I have this dance my lady?" He makes my face light up, "You may." and almost before the words could even leave my mouth he grabs my hand and pulls me to the dance floor. He swings his arms around and pulls me against his chest, his hand resting on my back and mine around his neck. 

"Have I told you how beautiful you look today?" he says, making my blush for the hundredth time today, "In fact you have, multiple times. Have I told you how handsome you are?" I say and he laughs, "Maybe." 

We continue to dance and laugh through the party, everyone around us starting to either go to bed or continue to get more tipsy. Jess chose the tipsy route obviously when she stumbled to where Poe and I were dancing. I feel Jess slap Poe's wandering hands away, "Watch your hands Dameron, I'm watching you." She says while pointing two fingers from her eyes to his, slowly backing away while drunkenly laughing

---

With everyone tired and or drunk pretty much everyone went to bed, including Poe and I who were laying down in our bed, my head on his warm chest. 

"I have to see my dad tomorrow." Poe says mainly to himself, staring at the ceiling, "How do you feel about it?" I ask him, leaning up onto my elbow so I can really look at him. "Nervous, last time saw each other we both said fucked up things." I brush my fingers through his hair, thinking back to our late nights when he told me about his dad after his mother died. He was a bit of a mess.

"Well it has been ten years, you both have probably matured greatly in that time, I bet he misses you like crazy, at the end of the day he is still your father." I say and he nods and kisses my head, turning off our light. "I love you, you're right. I am excited for us to go back to my home. All of us." He says and kisses my stomach, making me laugh. 

"We love you too, goodnight."

-----

It was an emotional goodbye to say the least, especially since we didn't know when we would come back. 

"You better know that I will be calling you every single day and I want all the updates." Jess says, pointing her finger in my face, Poe was over getting emotional with Finn too. 

"You know I will, calm down" I say laughing, bringing her into my arms. "I don't know how we will be able to even manage Finn and Beebee without Poe, it'll be a challenge." Connix said, bringing me into a hug. 

"Oh you know Rey will put them into place, you don't even need to worry." I say, looking at Rey and she is laughing. I notice that she has a new lightsaber on her belt, one that seems to made out of her infamous staff.

"So you finished it? That's great." I say motioning to Rey's saber and the other girls left, giving us privacy and so they could bother Poe. "Yeah, the all nighters were worth it, it turned out perfect." She says, holding it in her hand. 

"What are you going to do with Leia and Luke's?" I say, knowing that they both hold a deep place in her heart. "I am not sure, but I think I have a plan. I need to take them back to where it all started, their journey." She says and I bring into a tight hug, she has had a rough time with both of her masters dying. 

Soon Poe interrupts us, "It's time for us to be on our way." He says and smiles at Rey. We wave our goodbyes to the rest of the resistance and when we go onto our ship we are met with Doc already settled in.

"Are ya ready for the next part of your life?" Doc says to me with a wink as Poe makes his way to the cockpit.

"So ready."