10. Pretty Visitors

Okay now, don't get too excited.

  Leaving me in the sense that he was going away for work again and leaving me in California for a bit over a week.

  I wasn't all too excited for him to be gone once more but there was no way I could stop him. He was only going up to San Fransisco but either way I was gonna miss him. He tried to make it up to me by spending time with me before he left but even then it was only afternoons and mornings since the rest of our days were occupied with other things.

Christian's apartment was located right up against the city for easy commute. Even though he lived in an apartment building with a bunch of other people it was still far nicer than my little townhouse that I had to myself. The man made bank to say the least. And no that wasn't why I was with him, I was with him long before he started getting so successful and it wasn't why I stayed with him either. In Los Angeles, men with money were everywhere, only difference was, I loved Christian.

I was sitting on one of stools situated at his island bench, hiding this bubble of excitement in my chest as I sipped my morning coffee. His arms around my waist almost made me jump out of my skin in surprise. Aftershave blossomed from him and that thick layer of savoury cologne flooded my airways.

"Morning," I smiled as I felt his chest come into contact with my back, his warmth encapsulating my cold body.

"Morning," he hummed by my ear. His lips soon finding the skin of my neck and planting soft kisses from my jaw to my collar bone. I felt my muscles ease as he located my sweet spot. "I'm gonna miss you so much," he purred into my ear. Just hearing him say that made my heart warm.

"I'm gonna miss you too," I smiled as he continued kissing my neck over and over. "When do you come back?"

"Not this Friday but the one after that," he said, making his way to my jaw.

  "In the morning?" I asked. To which he nodded as to not disrupt his lips from my skin.

"Okay..." I said quietly as I built up the courage to speak. "You remember that art thing I entered?" I said, "with the gallery?"

"Vaguely," Christian said, holding me just a little too tight.

"I uh...I heard back," I smiled. "And um...I got in."

"Really?" Christian said, a little less excited than I wanted him to be.

But I was beaming. "Yeah. Yeah I got in. They liked the stuff I sent in and...they're gonna put it in the art show."

"Aw congrats babe," he said. It was the first time he'd called me that since we were having sex on New Years. "So does that mean your works in an exhibition?"

I grinned and nodded as he planted a kiss on my lips. A while back, I'd put in a few of my sculptures for this art exhibition that was gonna take place at the gallery I worked at, showcasing up and coming artists around the area. I never thought they'd want anything to do with my pieces so I almost cried when they called me and said I'd be in my first ever exhibition.

"It's on the Friday night you come back," I said and chewed my lip nervously, "I know it's a lot to ask because you'll be tired and all but...it would mean everything to me if you were there."

  Christian smiled and placed a hand on my cheek, "of course I'll be there. I know how big of an achievement that is for you. There's no time difference with here and Sam Fran. Of course I'll be there O."

  "Thank you," I grinned gratefully and smiled against his lips as he kissed me once more. We'd been going good for the past week since he told me he was leaving, it was like a fresh breath of air and being back in his apartment reminded me that he was letting me back into his life again. When he was in a mood it'd always be him coming to my house, probably because it meant he could leave easily. But for now, we were doing good.