24. 𝗮 𝗳𝗹𝗮𝘀𝗵 𝘁𝗼 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗽𝗮𝘀𝘁

UNITED STATES ARMY CAMP LEHIGH ARMY BASE AND BIRTHPLACE OF CAPTAIN AMERICA. It was strange to be back--Darcy had to have been a few years old at this time, probably home with her dad or Angie; the woman remembered when her mother had been gone for quite a long time, she would be excited when her mother had finally come home to her. Everything about the seventies was practically Darcy's whole life, and she still prefers this over her new life, but she'd never trade it now.

The trio had rushed into a room and gotten into a change of clothes to blend with the crowd. Darcy was dressed in a white button-down shirt tucked into her pencil skirt, forced to wear heels because she remembers how women mainly wore dresses and skirts. After that, they walked through the camp, searching for their destination.

However, Darcy was a trained agent back in the day; Peggy taught her daughter all that she knows, including the ability to fight in heels. She always knew her mother was a badass; Darcy can confirm it.

"Clearly, you weren't actually born here, right?"

"The idea of me was," Steve bows his head, not wanting to be seen.

Darcy was kind of glad that she was a child this year, but considering she looked very similar to her mother, the woman had to wear some glasses to throw it off. Darcy clears her throat quietly and bows her head, not wanting to attract any unwanted attention.

"Right. Well, imagine your S.H.I.E.L.D., running a quasi-fascistic intelligence organization," Tony looks inside a building through the window, Darcy nudged his shoulder, she shakes her head. "Where do you hide it?"

"In plain sight."

Darcy follows his gaze and at the unusual building in front of them, two men trying to act inconspicuously as they entered the building. Tony doesn't say anything, but they ended up following him anyways. They managed to slip inside, but then another woman entered as well, so now they're standing inside the elevator with a woman. Steve didn't have his sunglasses on, but Darcy pushes her up the bridge of her nose when the dark-skinned woman looks at them.

Tony steps forward to cover Steve, acting like it's because he was about to exit the elevator, it dings. Turning around, Tony wishes his friends good luck. "Good luck on your mission, Captain," Tony looked to Darcy. "You, too, Agent."

"Good luck on your product, Doctor."

Then, Tony exits the elevator, leaving the other two with the woman.

"You new here?" The woman wonders, directing her question to the man.

"Not exactly," the woman eyes Steve suspiciously, so she turned her gaze to Darcy.

"What about you, sweetheart?"

Darcy smiles nervously--or at least faking it. She nods as she pretends to fix her glasses. "Yes, actually," chuckling nervously. "I am."

The woman's smile grows, but it's more curiosity and surprise. "Oh, I didn't know you were British."

"Yes. Half, actually."

"You know, we have a British woman here as well," Darcy felt her heart flutter at the thought, her mind rushing to the thought of her mother. "You know, you kind of remind me of her. In a way."

Chuckling, Darcy shrugs it off. "Must be the accent."

The woman hums, narrowing her eyes at the two; something was off about them. Though, she didn't alert them as she stayed silent, going back to skimming through her file. Darcy smiles painfully before turning her direction back toward the elevator door; the loose strands of hair barely covered her face, but she did slowly step forward so that she was covering Steve's view from the woman.