Ice-Skating & Magic Tricks.

A/N: Oh goodness...this is the last update I'll ever be writing for this story. I'm kind of shocked, really. A big shoutout to all of you for giving me suggestions & also to @izzydot since I used some of hers. Anyhow, here it goes...

                  "You've. Got. To. Be. Kidding. Me." I muttered under my breath, looking up in horror. Big, flashy capitalized letters glanced down at me in a taunting manner. Josie's Ice-Skating Rink. 

                "What?" Loki asked in an 'innocent' manner. He took my hand in his, offering me a smile, his eyes holding a mischievous spark. "Don't you love ice-skating?"

                 "Why do you hate me?" I groaned as I dreadfully let him lead me inside. I was not looking forward to falling on my butt, especially in front of Loki. I would have to get back at Sarah for doing this, but for now, I'd have to figure out how to not embarrass myself in front of Loki.

              "Ah! Nonsense," Loki replied, waving off my negative mood. I could tell he was enjoying himself immensely at the way he carried himself. 

**

        People whirled past me in their skates. Some of them did figure eights and others simple skated freestyle. It was nice; to see people enjoying themselves amongst loved ones. And then there was me. A clumsy penguin in a herd of polar bears.           

          "You're not going to let go." I repeated, confirming his promise as I struggled to keep up with his pace.

              "I'm not going to let go." Loki nodded, intent on getting us onto the ice as soon as possible.

             I followed his lead, keeping myself balanced and gliding carefully by his side. For someone who has never ice skated, Loki seemed to not be the least bit fazed at all. He was almost a natural. Key word: almost.

               "See? It's not that hard."

              "Says the person who has god-like abilities." 

              We continued to glide across the floor at a constant speed, and surprisingly, I had not fallen. I was holding onto Loki's hand for support. He had striked up a conversation that had us bickering over which domestic animal would be better to have as a pet. I was all for dogs, but he was all for cats. I was so distracted by talking that I had actually forgotton about my uneasiness toward ice skating and began to enjoy myself. That is until Loki decided to have fun and mess around with me.

               "You know, I think it's time you try it on your own." He smirked mischievously.

         "Wait," I called out to Loki, beginning to panic. He smirked at me, gliding backwards, his fingertips slowly sliding away from mine. "I am so going to get you back for this!"

        Before I knew it, I was grasping for air and struggling to regain my balance. I leaned forward and managed to finally get a hold of Loki, but it was too late. I had lost my battle with gravity and fell. However, I did not go down alone. I dragged Loki down with me. Unfortunately, I was the one who broke the fall and let out a groan as he landed on top of me. "Oof."