40.

I've been sitting on the floor afraid to move,so I did the only thing that could calm me down. Make mental notes.

So my dad  called himself Salvatore Giovanni. Nice I don't even know who my dad is.

My dad and Eric have some kind of a deal.
Not sketchy at all.

The Russians took my dad's shipment.
How is there any Russians left?

Dad shot the guy that was with Eric then shot Eric.
Well that's fantastic.

Oh my god! The guy.

I hurriedly tried to stand up trying not to walk in any of the spilled blood, "oh god."

The other guy my dad shot had a bullet between his eyes.

I looked back at Eric and knew for a fact that he'll be  good as dead if no one tended his wounds.

But I can't tell anyone or they'll ask questions.

And I can't possibly carry him on my back to his apartment.

And then there's the dead guy.

I placed my hands on my waist and surveyed the situation in front of me and almost chuckled.

Yea I'm going crazy.

I glanced at the bloodied  ivory blade in my hand and placed it in my pocket, I've to do something.

But I can't feel anything.
Not how a normal human would feel when witnessing a murder and watching someone take what could be their last breath.

I just feel numb, maybe me and my dad aren't so different.

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

I took a breath and looked at Eric, the arrogant smirk the snide remarks. All gone. Now he's pale as a ghost and his eyebrow twitch in pain every now and then.

Shit, I think he's waking up.

Without any thought I ran.

I went to the dormitory and thank god it was empty, everyone is probably in the pit now.

I tore a paper out of a notebook I found on a bed near mine and took the pen that was secured beside it and scribbled fast.

Emergency in floor 6 hallway 2b.

I took a black hoody covering my face with it and ran to the infirmary.

I honestly don't know what I'm doing. Hopefully no one would see me as I slip the note on one of the nurses desks.

And hopefully they'll see it before Eric bleeds to death if he didn't already.

My blood ran cold at the possibility of Eric being dead. The numbness is gone replaced by a feeling of fear and anguish which made me run faster.

As i entered I spotted The back Of Marry as she was tending some younger born dauntless cut.

And all the doctors seems to be doing something else.

I gulped as I neared Marty's desk and quickly shoved the piece of paper as soon as she turned, "Clary! Hello dear, what brings you here?"  She patted the young boy's back and told him he was off to go.

"Oh-I umm. I just came here to check on my wounds," I smiled boardly.

"Oh well, hop on the bed then don't be shy," she chuckled  and I gave her another forced smile as I sat on the bed.

She began examining my bruised stomach and I flinch at every touch. Actually Eric you deserve what happened to you.

As soon as the thought came it disappeared. I can't let Eric die. This will prove I'm everything my parents is and there's another reason I push at the far back of my head. I need to focus.

"Marry-Ow," I flinched again as she applied some ointment on the bruised parts. Damn you Eric, "what's that on your desk?"

She frowned as she picked up the paper, "weird. I never saw this before."

"Are you sure tho? You could have wrote it  and forgot about it," now I have to make her want to go.

"I'm not 60 years old dear, I'd remember," we are running out of time and I'm afraid what would happen if we are late.

"You know what? Why don't I go check it out with you..maybe someone is in trouble," I looked at the floor waiting for her response.

"I don't know Clary.. your wounds still didn't heal I don't want you to come if the situation is dangerous," she frowned again at the paper.

"Nonsense. Out of all the trouble I've been through, I'm sure checking a hallway is the least dangerous thing for me," I hoped off the bed and pushed her lightly on the back to make her hurry before she think of another protest.

As soon as we rounded the corner to hallway 2b, I felt goosebumps as I looked at Eric now half conscious and groaning.

"Oh dear, what happened here?" Marry hurried to Eric and her face went as pale as he once she looked to the side and saw the dead body, but she quickly regained her composure.

I hurried after her lowering myself to the floor beside her, "what happened to him?"

"He's been shot, we need to get him to the infirmary before it's to late," she scooped Eric's arm around her neck and tried to make him stand up. "Wh-what about him," I glanced at the other guy.

"I'll send someone to get his body the only thing I could do now is save him...help me carry him," I instantly went to his side and he groaned as soon as touched his arm, "Try not to touch the part where he's shot at, come on the private infirmary is just around the corner.

I tried my best not to go near the shotgun wound on Eric's arm, but I could still feel his groans vibrating into my body.

As soon as we entered the infirmary which apparently was only only for classified people and leaders 4 other doctors rushed asking about the situation.

"Gunshot wound in the upper arm." Marry told the other doctors as we lowered him to a bed, "doesn't appear to hit any major artery, but it's still critical."

I was pushed back as they cut his shirt open and began their examination, "a stab wound on the other arm," doctor with brown hair and steel eyes noted.

"A dead body was found near him, we need someone to pick it up," Mary mumbled to another doctor who nodded and walked out of the door giving me a weird look.

Probably because I'm covered in Eric's blood and I'm not supposed to be here.

I looked back at Eric. Please don't be dead if you live I'll let you call me all the stupid nicknames without getting irritated.

——————_______________———————

Hey guys I'm backkk sorry for leaving you hanging for so long, but I promise I'll update another chapter soon, but please tell me if you like the story so far in the comments and don't forget to vote!

What do you think clary would do next about Eric and her father?

Jas🥀