️xi

in one of my most vivid dreams i wake feeling very conscious to some warped, yet strangely familiar reality. i sit in a bathtub filled with murky grey water, it's cold, though somehow comforting.

i'm in a wide field of emerald grass. and when i finally rise from the tub i feel the soft green shards brush my ankles. i dig my toes into the damp earth because i know i'm dreaming, but it somehow all feels so real.

i recall gazing up at the night sky, filled with thousand of glittering stars, thinking about how stoned and out of touch with reality i felt. i do not have any recollection of visiting this place prior, but i know i have been here before, perhaps in another life.

i remember the wanting to be lifted into the heavens so that i could float amongst the stars forever, because i found solice in that ethereal existence. i was not sure if the body i was in was even my
own, but in the moment a body was only a shell, and i was something more than that, something immortal.

there was a soft breeze, it brushed my bare skin and left delicate whispers of thoughts that nobody had ever experienced before. the thoughts urged me to find what was beyond the field . and though i was uncertain to what resided ahead, i did.

i found that intuition guided by body, rather than my feet, and as i floated forward i enjoyed the sensation of the grass against my immortal body.

i knew this was a place where time was not a reliable concept, because my phone -which appeared on the edge of the bathtub when i summoned it- told me it was 7:12 one minute and then 12:85 the next. but in this reality, mortal technology held no value to me. only the intent of discovery.

i wondered for a moment why i was all alone, before remembering that aloneness has never bothered me before. and so i continue to search, in a constant state of peace and mindfulness, til i woke in the mortal world once more.